[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a retarded person
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1466362827366.jpg (52 KB, 416x700) Image search: [Google]
1466362827366.jpg
52 KB, 416x700
>Does mental retardation get better?

I did a lot of drugs and it fucked up my brain. I'm not sure how, if it was from oxygen deprivation or the drugs themselves, but I'm not the same. I've been sober from drugs for over 6 months, but the "cognitive improvements" are slow. Some days I'm pretty lucid, playing with 75% of a deck so to speak, but those days are sprinkled in between weeks of retardation.

I feel like my mind is slipping, as if my mental condition is getting worse and worse, and reality is creeping further and further away. My intuition says that things may get worse, much worse. But, it's already so bad that I don't even recognize who I am anymore. People talk about how they feel the same as they did when they were a kid, like they kept that core person intact, and I simply don't. At all.

Anyway, does anybody have any experience with recovering from brain injuries? I think my damage is probably physical, since my cognition is what's mostly been fucked. Is there hope that I'll get better?
>>
>>17354450

was diagnosed with a 'mild' form of brain damage earlier this year, MdDS. no idea how i got it. docs claimed i could have just stressed myself hard enough to make it happen. total bullshit.

even now that I've mostly recovered i still have issues. namely my shitty memory and poor coordination.

ive definitely come back... 'different' and i kinda get you. i definitely feel like a different person than the guy who had this body in january. but i am who i am and theres no reason i need to be that guy.

as for your recovery. only your docs know, not us.
>>
>>17354464
I'm just feeling really blue about it man. I just wish I could concentrate on what I was doing instead of worrying about people thinking I'm retarded. Even when I'm not around people, I'm often ruminating about whatever stupid thing I did or said earlier.

I just want to be intelligent enough so I can socially cohere, or at least learn how not to be a total leper. I'm not asking to be an astronaut, I just want to live and function normally like everyone else.

It's so depressing man.
>>
>>17354713

i feel ya. but hteres certainly a learning lesson in here, wouldn't you say? not to rub it in just... now you know better.

even now that im recovered i still get it. i am able to run my business but theres still aspects of my intelligence that seem... affected. if i bring it up casually to someone, especially potential romantic partners, they quickly lose interest.

lost a lot of friends over the whole ordeal.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.