[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So me and some friends are starting up an animation studio and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
So me and some friends are starting up an animation studio and releasing videos on YouTube pretty soon. We'd like to do this as our careers in life, but I know it won't be too easy. Is there any advice on how to help our channel grow, get ourselves out there, and make this thing profitable? We know it will take time to get the ball rolling, but any advice on this topic would be much appreciated!
>>
>>17354313
Search engine optimization and consistancy
>>
>>17354313

first and foremost, dont refer to yourself as a 'studio'. you are two people doing animated shorts on youtube.

dont be afraid to be cheap wiht the framerate. while its great to have a lot of frames, it takes time. use as many frames as needed and feel free to go overboard for scenes that will be worth it, but you're two dudes. dont bother trying to make every shot motion, especially in a more dramatic series.

before oyu make anything official, LLCd or any of that nonsense, make a few FAN ANIMATIONS.

fan animation is a REALLY easy way to bring in viewers.

I created six new episodes of sailor moon using stock fotoage rotoscoping and some new animation, and we have over 1 million views. fresh animated could bring in a lot more

this guy got famous for just making a trailer of dragonball vs sialor moon. he had follow up videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUsGLNOyjz4

but yeah, that was before sm and dbz had been revived.

try and build up a stock pile of videos to release before you start releasing. it can be very tempting to post as soon as you are done, but in hte beginning you'll hook more people if you have a few videos ready to go.

are you guys interestedi n comedy, drama, what? give examples of hte kind of wokr you want to do
>>
Unless you're creating cartoons as quality as studio ghilbi, you're not going to do so well, unless you painstakingly create an amazing idea that doesn't -look- incredible (adventure time)

Unless you want to create a flash cartoon that looks like utter shit (aqua teen hunger force), it's going to be a ton of work.

3D animation is key in the industry right now, so I'd get started on learning that too. Even the Simpsons uses this each episode.

Good luck anon!!
>>
>>17354443
You're right, we are just a couple of guys making videos, the Studio being in the name is a joke becuase we're obviously not. I appreciate the advice, I should have prefaced my post more. We'll never do anything that isn't original, so thats a shot to the foot, sure, but its cheap and I'm not a fan of it myself. We want to tell stories, we don't care about having the best animation, it's just a means to am end. Thanks though!
>>
>>17354478
Care about being original
Care about looking great

Take passion in what you're doing, dude!
>>
>>17354490
We certainly will, I appreciate your advice and words anon!
>>
>>17354313
>me and some friends are starting up an animation studio
I hope pic isn't related.
>>
>>17354478

>we'll never do anything that isn't original

then you probably wont make a big name for yourself. look at the way the world is today. you gotta make a few 'iron mans' to fund the actually original films.

its not 'cheap' to use story telling from an existing universe. most of the animated films you see are essentially fanficiton, adaptions. even ghibli would adapt books. if oyu guys evolved beyond youtube, you would to.

I prefer to work on my own original stories. but in order to get funding for my web pilot, i have to write a three part joker fan film.

dont get me wrong it is fun, but its a hassle on the way to the stories i really want to tell.

im not 'cheap' just cuz i can do it.
>>
>>17354520
>>17354478

that being said, if you ever want a writer for something original or fan based, please do hit me up. got script samples i can send in a flash to see if you like my style.

[email protected]

I'm trying to get an original animated pilot off the ground right now. the tone / style is kind of 'attack on titan' meets 'sailor moon'
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.