[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will smoking 1 pack get me addicted?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_20160713_161055869.jpg (4 MB, 4608x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160713_161055869.jpg
4 MB, 4608x2592
If you can't beat them, join them. I'm on a work camp, and almost everyone here smokes. At first I didn't participate, but now I'm have dreams about going on smoke breaks and enjoying cigarettes.

I just want to experiment really. Would 2-3 cigarettes a day over 11 days leave me addicted? I've just bought a pack of 25, and I plan to finish it.
>>
>>17354221
Don't do it anon. I smoked for 10 years and eventually was a pack a day man. Looking back I consider how many hundreds of dollars I wasted on cigarettes as well as the damage to my health.

As far as addiction alot of it is stress based- if you're smoking due to stress or using it as a means to relax you will become more addicted than say smoking casually at a bar.
Either way it is addicting, so my advice would be never start. Go work out or find another means to burn your stress.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
193 KB, 1920x1080
How about you resist peer pressure and not get cancer
>>
>>17354228
That's like saying heroin's OK just as long as you're not doing it to relax

I get where you're coming from, but the addictiveness of cigarettes has nothing to do with WHY you're smoking. Anyone with a genetic predisposition for addiction can become addicted from one cigarette at a party.

So OP, yes, one pack can easily addict you if your body is predisposed to addictive tendencies. Which means if it is, after that one pack is gonna be fucking miserable for you for awhile.

Unless you buy more smokes :^)
>>
>>17354250
I'm saying the psychological triggers are more powerful than casual use. Nut yes you're right, any use can become addicting.
>>
vape instead. most medical studies have concluded it is much better for you and helps you cope (and quit in cigarette cases) and does not do the same damage to your body as it clears up soon after use. .
>>
>>17354221
I used to only smoke 2 or 3 cigs a day and only 3 or 4 days a week so it can happen
>>
>>17354250
>Anyone with a genetic predisposition for addiction can become addicted from one cigarette at a party.
That's a stupid thing to say and you are stupid for saying it.
>>
>>17354310
OP wants to smoke and is a worker
he does not want to mouth fedora and plays videogames all day
>>
he does not want to atheist pipe and mother's basement
>>
he does not want to ethernet hookah and neckbeard
>>
>>17354221
Cigarettes are not magical devil's dicks that are guaranteed to get you shiveringly addicted within X amount of cigarettes. It's never a good idea to start, but I personally enjoy them for the sensation, taste, and social opportunity (bonding with fellow smokers).

t. smoker of 4 years
>>
he does not want to robot dildo and actually
>>
>>17354221
Instead of smoking just take a break and sit with the smokers but don't have one. That's what I did when I was working at a camp.
>>
he does not want to douche pipe and gamergate
>>
he does not want to transformer penis and MLP
>>
>>17354360
This.
I picked up the habit when I worked at a bar. We'd drink after hours, and I ususally bummed one or two. Then off to college, I bought a pack, and it lasted me practically all semester. I just enjoyed it after a few beers. Or something. Once my pack finished, I didn't have an urge to get another immediately. People get addicted to different things. You might not get addicted to cigarettes. Coffee might trigger you. Or soda. Or fast food.
>>
he does not want to pocket humidifier and buy a racing muffler for his nissan maxima
>>
he do not want to look at me cigar and one time at space camp
>>
OP wants to smoke and is a worker
he does not want to anime censorship and boycott ghostbusters
>>
he does not want to lego cigarette and tsundere watch ghostbusters
>>
>>17354412
goddamn it, that took me like 5 minutes to come up with
>>
he does not want to play you the song of his people and keep getting killed by his DM but not taking the hint
>>
>>17354352
i dont vape but it is better for you and lets get real, whats the fucking difference in how they look
>>
>>17354447
>whats the fucking difference in how they look
night and day
iguana and chinchilla
hurricane and blizzard
dodge neon and cessna 172
>>
apple 5 pointed fuck you screwdriver and philips #1
>>
>Be 18 y/o me
>Grew up despising cigarettes
>Drunk me finally decided to see what the fuss is all about
>Take first puff
>Greatest thing ever
>2 lighters a day smoker now

I want to quit but I have zero will power and I see myself dying with a cigarette in my mouth
>>
windows XP and debian 2 or 3
>>
File: 7.png (75 KB, 535x280) Image search: [Google]
7.png
75 KB, 535x280
>>17354463
looks...so much different...
>>
File: April_RD2C1_3.jpg (96 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
April_RD2C1_3.jpg
96 KB, 600x900
>>17354491
>>
>>17354511
meh, close enough
and hotter than most real ones
>>
File: Emma+Tiger+costume+1+%282010%29.jpg (181 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Emma+Tiger+costume+1+%282010%29.jpg
181 KB, 1600x1200
>>
>>17354491
Might as well use a candy cigarette. Bet you've never smoked in your life.
>>
>>17354522
he does not want to marlboro jetsons and dead rubber girl
>>
>>17354221
like your parents ued to say:
>if everybody else jumped off a bridge would you do it too?
if you would congratulations! you are a doormat. learn to think for yourself. just because everybody else smokes doesnt mean you have to.
>>
he does not want to steampunk cigarillo and soylent 1.6
>>
>>17354542
I think you have to change that to "white metal" or maybe "prayer tent on the warped tour"
>>
he does not want to the matrix cheroot and reddit
>>
he does not want to reddit cigarette and dark elf sword collection
>>
he does not want to bubble pipe and ron paul
>>
File: Bread-Machine-Baking.jpg (13 KB, 400x374) Image search: [Google]
Bread-Machine-Baking.jpg
13 KB, 400x374
>>
he does not want to katana wielder and nice guys finish last
>>
>>17354532
>because smoking is so tough
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.