[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pls help me /adv/. My best friend´s father has recently died,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: CbXUcWgUEAA197-.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
CbXUcWgUEAA197-.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
Pls help me /adv/. My best friend´s father has recently died, and i am not able to consoling people. What should i tell him?
>>
>>17353697
Tell him how very sorry you are, that his dad was like a second father to you. But don't say that if you never met the dad, obviously. It's just fluff talk for his sake.

Also tell him you're there for him no matter what, and want to help however you can. Don't make suggestions as to what you want to do--just offer yourself up to help. He will ask you if he needs something.

Then give him space. Send him a message or call him every other day to check in and ask how he's doing and if he needs help with anything.
>>
>>17353697
I'm very sorry for your loss. If I can help in any way, I hope you will tell me.

Then hug him and let him cry, if needed, or accept his awkward thanks and shuffle off.
>>
don't tell him shit - just be around to chill - if you spend too much time wondering what the right thing to say is the time when he needed people to just be around will have past and he will be worse for it
>>
>>17353703
i don't know about you but when my dad died and people said this shit to me it made me sick - agree with the second part but sometimes a friend saying hey lets go get drunk and minigolf or play vidya is the push you need to just take your mind off it
>>
>>17353707
Yeah, but that's you. I'd want all of the things I listed. Everyone is different. I'm confident that what I told OP is a safe, all-around good option when it comes to not knowing how a certain person reacts/is--which is the case here. We don't know what OP's best friend is like or how he copes.

OP needs to take his friend into account and use the best method that fits him.
>>
this >>17353706

Don't tell him shit but let him know that you're there for him
>>
Ok, /adv/, i have conluded this:
>Tell him i am for wathever he want.
>Give him space but call him frequently.
>ask him to play videogames
Am i wrong?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.