[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
really struggling with trying to find a job and apartment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1459403438789.png (246 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
1459403438789.png
246 KB, 1280x640
So right now I'm looking for a job and an apartment. I currently have a job but it's part time and I need a full time one. And I live in an apartment now but my lease ends soon, so I have to look for another.

But here's the problem: when I think of actually looking and applying for jobs/apartments, my mind just goes crazy. It makes me want to kill myself. For some reason it just seems so insurmountable to simply send in applications. It's like my brain just goes super depressed and horrified at the idea. I don't know how to explain it. Has anyone else felt this way?

Whenever I try to tell myself to look for a job, and an apartment, I just get so stressed out and end up doing nothing.
>>
>>17352868
Its call anxiety, procrastinating makes it worse.

take time to figure out what skills you have or what positions you would be most comfortable with and apply for those jobs.
>>
>>17352868
Get over it quick before it's too late. Make a list of what needs to get done and just do it.
1. Get your resume together, have an outfit for interviews on standby. Do some research online on how to make a good resume and cover letter.
2. Apply for jobs online or in person. Google sample job application emails to give you an idea of what to say. Apply to as many as you can. Proofread before you press send and always make sure your resume is attached
3. If you're in the US, check Zillow or Trulia online (or download the apps) to see apartments for rent in areas you want to live in. Contact the ones you like. Figure out your roommate situation.

Do you know how many people apply for jobs and look at places for rent everyday? If they can do it then so can you.
>>
>>17352879
>>17352908

Man I try but whenever I open a job application I just freak out. For some idea, it just seems impossible.

I've done them before, I have a job now, I've had jobs before. But actually just taking the step to fill the stuff in, my brain just looks up and I seem incapable of doing it. I think my anxiety with this is just off the charts. Sometimes it feels like committing suicide would be easier. I know that sounds ridiculous, but that's what my mind comes to.
>>
>>17352964
for me suicide would be harder. I don't think I could kill myself, that's why. I guess that's why I work haha
>>
>>17352868
Is renewing your lease not an option?

That would solve half of the problem right there.

I think if you have your living situation figured out, that at least will free up your mind to think about jobs.
>>
Apply online, always seems to work out for me.

Also, renew your lease, unless you're a terrible tenant who trashes the apartment, and is late on rent. Then I can see why you need a new place.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.