[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a friend I work with who is the opposite sex. We worked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
I have a friend I work with who is the opposite sex. We worked together for 3+ years and tried to have a relationship but it didn't work out because I came to the realization I just wasn't into her and there were some other turn-offs that were just too much for me.

The thing is, I wanted us to stay friends and she seemed fine with that. Here's where the problem comes in. She keeps wanting to have sex and I end up saying sure. I told this to my other friend at work and she told me that I am leading her on by going along with it even though I have been upfront about us never getting back together multiple times over.

What should I do? I'm not going to say some self-serving righteous nonsense and say I'm just giving her what she wants because I know good and well I'm just sleeping with her because I enjoy it but maybe this will only make things worse down the line if I ever do find someone I want to date. Am I just being too hopeful to think she will find someone else and move on someday?
>>
don't sleep with someone just because you can;

A real friend would have reserve, dignity and security in himself to say no.

It's her fault for having sex with you after you've said this; but she's obviously only trying to convince you (and herself) there's something there.

Stop being a dickbag
>>
>>17352794
I see no issues with casual sex.

Don't listen to your fuck buddy's friend, do what you want for you.

You told the girl you didn't want a relationship, and she said "okay but let's still fuck". You're doing nothing wrong.
>>
>>17352799
>>17352800

This is 100% the problem because I see both of these sides of the argument being valid.

At the end of work today, I reflected on the entire situation and am leaning more towards the idea that I was in fact being an awful person but how exactly would I go about stopping? She messages me constantly and even when I tried to go cold turkey on the whole thing, she still asks about it. It's only amplified by the fact that we work together so we see each other for a minimum of 40 hours each week.

Oh, and if it helps, she's a mother of 3 who is divorced while I'm a father of 1 who is also divorced. Both of us are in our early 30's but she doesn't have much in relationship experience since she married young and has dated very little after that.
>>
File: ij31OInMoQrid.jpg (538 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ij31OInMoQrid.jpg
538 KB, 1280x720
Also in case it matters, she is Hmong.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.