[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ just graduated high school and I'm on my way to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 2.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
Hey /adv/
just graduated high school and I'm on my way to college. I'm really awkward and I find it hard to talk to strangers. What should I do to meet new people and all that?
>>
Alright so here's the deal anon: nobody else in your freshman class has any friends either. They want to meet people too. AND, everyone likes it if someone else does the work for them. SO here's your mission from me: if there's a freshman weekend or whatever, whatever you do, WHATEVER IT IS, you ALWAYS invite people to come with you. Second part of your mission is to try to explore as much of campus as possible. So: "Hey, I was going to go check out the library, want to come?" "Hey, do you want to go try to find the gym?" "Who wants to get something at the cafe?" "Did you see this building on the campus map way out in this corner? I don't know what the hell it is but let's go try to get in there!" You say this stuff to anybody. Doesn't matter if you've even been talking to them. They're shy and alone too. It's super flattering to get invited to things. Grab them, get them to join your party.

Trust me. Just make that effort and people will be really glad you did, because that means they don't have to. Then when you're going wherever you ask questions and talk to people. Soon you've got friends.
>>
aids, hara-kiri, singularity
>>
>>17352287
Be not awkward but relaxed and just kind of....even tempered.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.