[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Using peoples names
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n1qljkzcwc1sw1lsyo1_1280.jpg (465 KB, 1280x943) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1qljkzcwc1sw1lsyo1_1280.jpg
465 KB, 1280x943
I've recently made an okay amount of friends in the last month after being pretty socially isolated for ~6 years.

I'm doing pretty well I think, but one thing I've noticed is I seem to use people's names a lot more often than they use mine, and I'm not really sure what the -normal- amount is.

I've always thought that it's generally something you do when you like someone a lot, but I think I use most peoples names like 3 or 4 times during not that long of a time-frame, maybe an hour or two. Would that come across as weird? Should I try to stop addressing people by their names so often? I think people only really use my name when they want to get my attention or want to make it clear they're addressing something specifically to me, whereas I'll say things like "Hey anon", "Night anon", "Thanks anon" fairly often.

I know I'm definitely overthinking this, I don't think I'm autistic or anything for the record, just severely out of the loop and rusty with interacting with people.
>>
I like when someone uses my name. It does stand out but in a good way in my opinion.
>>
if it comes naturally it's fine (at least in my culture, language and country).

You can say, 'Fuck Anon, it's really cold' or 'Fuck, it's really cold' and both would be fine. People don't usually get offended if you use their names unless they have a really weird one, so keep doing it.

Saying 'Night Anon' or 'Hi Anon' doesn't sound awkward unless you don't mix other forms of speaking in between, but if it really comes naturally to you, then go ahead dude, it's not wrong. If someone makes fun of you or points that out trying to make fun of you, then he will be seen as a cunt.
>>
> I think people only really use my name when they want to get my attention or want to make it clear they're addressing something specifically to me
This is me. I'll never use your name unless I'm trying to be specific to you or grab your attention. Anything else just feels weird to me. That said, I don't feel weird when people use my name a lot. Just do your thing.
>>
>>17352107
>>17352117
Thanks yeah, it does come naturally to me and I never really thought about it until I noticed other people don't seem to do it as much. I don't even know if I'd be able to stop unless I focused on it a lot, it just seems to slip out whenever.

>>17352088
I think that might be part of why I do it, might subconsciously want people to like me more or something.
>>
>>17352128
I do think it's been proven that people will like you more if you use their name a lot because we are egotistical beings
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.