[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Herpes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
Those of you who know you have herpes, do you tell sex partners?

Do you differentiate between casual sex and long term parters?

I'm vert conflicted when it comes this, on one hand I feel I shoud tell, on the other, I don't want to be treated like a leper for a minor disease that 80-90% og the population has orally...
>>
Nah, everyone will have it eventually.
>>
>>17349718
Well HSV1 causes coldsores, it doesn't cause discharge, pain while urinating, or disgusting genital warts (unless it progresses into HSV2)- hence the stigma. 90% of Americans may have Herpes, but only 25% of Americans have HSV2.
Word of warning; if you are currently medicating yourself for Herpes and don't disclose to your partner and infect them, they can sue you. ALWAYS inform your partners and don't be like the asshole who gave it to you. You can still contract Herpes even if you wear protection, wearing a condom sometimes isn't enough so your partner should be given the risky choice.
Don't be so fucking selfish just because you want to get laid, it perpetuates spreading the disease that you wish you didn't have.
>>
Don't tell it to casual partners, just make sure to always use a condom and stay away when you have anything remotely resembling an outbreak.

Tell it to long term partners. Condoms aren't 100% foolproof and you should respect them enough to allow them to make an informed decision about whether they want to take that risk.
>>
>>17349922

Educate yourself please.
>>
File: whatyousoundlike.png (45 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
whatyousoundlike.png
45 KB, 200x194
>>17349963
>be you
>have no real rebuttal
>educate yourself

Gee, you showed me.
Don't forget to take your Acyclovir you fucking diseased rodent.
>>
I have outbreaks on my penis, but tested negative for herpes.

I switched detergents, shampoos, everything that touches that region, and I still keep getting constant out breaks.

I've been tested twice, both negative. One doctor said she thought it looked like Herpes, and two others were like "Nah, that's nothing to worry about."

So, I'm pretty sure I have it, but can't get diagnosed for some reason. I have a LTR and she's aware I had some sort of an issue down there, and she's fine having unprotected sex with me and doesn't seem to have any symptoms herself, it's been over a year, and I'm still getting outbreaks very consistently.

It's mostly like, dry irritated skin, with an occasional bump along the shaft, but it's never protruding, it never blisters, the skin flakes a bit and stays red/sore in a couple little spots.
>>
>>17349922
Not American, and it's seen as a rather minor disease here, it's not even listed as a disease that you have to disclose, so it's an ethical choice really. No legal ramifications. But obviously you more or less have to tell long term partners as they will find out sooner or later.

I know that you should tell, but I'm just being honnest about it, and I'm sure these are thoughts many have. I will most likely be careful to use protection during casual sex, and tell long term partners.

It just feels unfair, as most people don't even know they have it.. And the doctors don't view them as much more than common cold sores.. It seems to be mainly a reputation based disease, the stigma is the real disease.
>>
If you have herpes, and give a chick herpes, apologize and be like "WOOPS, I noticed a cold sore after I got home, but I thought it might just be a pimple or something! My bad."
>>
>>17349992
kek <3
>>
>>17349718
80-90% of the population do not have the virus that causes genital herpes.

HPV is much more prevalent and you're mistaking the two - they are completely different from each other.
>>
>>17349922
>HSV1 progressing into HSV2
Don't spread lies.
You CAN get HSV1 genitally, it does not make it HSV2. You should be careful every time if you have either, I'm asymptomatic and gave HSV1 to someone I was performing oral sex on. After I realized I have it, I consulted my doctor.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.