[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some nice british shows to prepare myself for a Cambridge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: UK-Union-Flag.png (24 KB, 440x280) Image search: [Google]
UK-Union-Flag.png
24 KB, 440x280
What are some nice british shows to prepare myself for a Cambridge Proficiency test? RP accent is highly welcome.
>>
>>17347189
>>17347189
To get a grasp of some of the local dialects, try Eastenders, Coronation Street, and Emmerdale.

You might want to get a feel for what we call "the Queen's English", which is English with all the words fully and correctly pronounced, no regional slang, and (what those of us who speak it think of) no regional accent. It's the way you'd speak English if you learned it all from a textbook rather than talking to people. For this, you could try programs (which is our word for the things you guys call "shows") like Inspector Morse, or if you have a sufficiently high boredom threshold, Antiques Roadshow.
>>
Sorry for the off topic, guys, but could somebody identify Ciri's accent (the girl)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvZe8SoHWtA
>>
If you're planning on visiting us, watch some more local shows too, the uk has a stupid number of regional accents and slang. We can tell the difference between Blackburn, Preston and Burnley in terms of accents. And all three towns are within an hour's drive.
>>
>>17347696
sounds like someone who isn't english doing an english accent
>>
>>17347848
Interesting, because the voice actress is Jo Wyatt, born in London.
Here's more of her: http://jowyatt.com
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.