[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Can't Handle Stress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
As the title states, I have been unable to handle being under stress, whether it's something small or large.

I believe what I was doing throughout June did not help at all. Basically, I was staying up late (cerca 2 - 3 AM) every day last month so I can get a spot in a contest where the prize is worth $500+ and I had a 1/3 chance of winning it once the others got their slots. I did this in the first place because I needed the money for the University I'll be attending this Autumn. Unfortunately, I did not plan ahead as I only realized recently that this binge has taken a major toll on my mental health and sleep schedule, thus making me even more irritable than usual. What are some ways that I can temper myself so I can handle stress better?

Also, I've been holding back something big, and it has been persistent in my mind for a long time. I have been unable to see a therapist, and I need to talk to someone who may understand what I have been through. Is there any online therapy group or something similar to it, preferably without having to pay for it, since I'm broke at the moment. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>17347220
Lack of sleep:
>sleep more
>meditate

General
>eat decent food
>get outside and do a mild form of exercice
>avoid alcohol at all costs
>avoid caffeine
>take some valerian root or other herbal calming thing

Something big on your mind:
>journal about it, write it out
>make a postsecret card
>go on any anonymous group and rant about it
>go to confess it to a priest or religious person
>>
>>17347220
Have you tried marijuana?
>>
>>17347249
OP Here. Thank you, and I am going to try my best with what you have suggested, except I've had a bit of trouble with exercising. What happened was that a couple of weeks ago, I took a walk in the afternoon, and my arms ended up getting sun burned from the intense heat outside. As much as I would love to talk a walk at least, I don't have any sun block, nor am I sure that it would work if I'm just going to walk for about half an hour.

>>17347272
I am not against marijuana by any means -- in fact, a few family members of mine use it -- but I'd rather not get myself tangled up with that. Both sides of my family have a case of addictive personalities, so I essentially have a double-whammy with this.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.