[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips for meeting a girl at college?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1457890314321.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457890314321.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
I'm a good enough looking guy. I've had women take interest in me, but I never find anything in common with them. I usually end up attracting girls which are polar opposites of myself. Nothing goes past a text conversation/first date. I never find anything about them interesting. It bothers me because I want to be able to find someone. My hobbies aren't even obscure or anything, but I have a hard time finding people with similar hobbies/personality for some reason

>Outdoors/hiking/fishing/target shooting
>Video games
>Records/Vinyl
>Prop art
>Discussing anything important like current events, history, politics, theology, life, etc
>Dark humor
>Movies

Are there any common activities a college guy like myself can join in to find someone with similar interests/traits like myself?
>>
Literally me except for the prop art (whatever that is) and records/vinyls. OP, I can't communicate easily either. I might throw out a few topics in the air to see if it sticks, but they eventually lead into awkward silences after a minute of commenting back and forth.

Is there anyone here who isn't autistic and can teach us the way?
>>
Be Chad
Don't be not-Chad
>>
>>17346029
>>17346106
More likely than not, you don't know enough about these girls to assume they don't share your interests past one date. Try giving people more than one shot. Take interests in what they enjoy, their interests could overlap with yours. Relationships take time and effort to cultivate, just assuming they're going to understand your humor and interests in a three hour date is very optimistic. Keep trying guys, and try a little harder while you're at it. No one wants to talk about heavy political situations on their first date, they want to know about what shows you liked as a kid/teen. Use that dark humor of yours, and if it isn't that great, tone it down a bit.
>>
>>17346029
A very common mistake people do is trying to find someone very similar to them. It gets hella boring after a while (you agree on everything) and it can become painful emotionally (lows are amazingly low).
Compatibility is more about finding someone who compensates your personality traits. Which doesn't mean "date your polar opposite", but "date someone who can compensate your flaws". Don't look just at them, look at what you can be together. Mentally, find someone engaging. You don't need to have a thousand interests in common, even if some are necessary and it's cool to do things related to your hobbies with your partner. Find someone you can discuss with, who has a similar "style" of communication (don't date someone who talks only about his day if you enjoy talking about ideas and concepts) and shares some of your interests and hobbies. Find someone you can learn from, too.

Anyways - try meeting people through your hobbies. Meet people at school. Try bringing up topics you're interested in in a conversation.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.