[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this and what should I do to get rid of it? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: Screenshot_2016-07-11-01-39-01.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-11-01-39-01.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
What is this and what should I do to get rid of it? I've been to the doctor 2 times, and the first time I went they said it was strep and I finished my antibiotic but it came back. 2nd time I went they said it was tonsillitis. Finish the second antibiotic they gave me and now it's coming back again.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-28-01-48-12.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-28-01-48-12.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
This is what it looked like when it was the worst.
>>
>>17345850
>>17345852
Looks like tonsil stones to me. They don't really do anything other than cause irritation and bad breath but something that big is something I personally would see the doctor about.
>>
>>17345850

I remember you. Last time, I told you tonsil stones or a fungal infection, since you said you did not respond to antibiotics.

>they said it was strep and I finished my antibiotic but it came back

So, you did have a positive response (unlinke what you told before). The doctors discontinued instead of giving you another round of the same antibiotics? -.- I would ask for the same round of antibiotics and see if it disappears again.

But that is just treating symptoms. Now lets look at the cause.

What are your eating/drinking habits? Judging by the pictures, your overall oral hygiene is pretty bad. Do you brush your teeth/floss regularly? Do you use mouth wash?
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>17345850
It's mono
>>
>>17345912

Mono almost always disappears on its own in 4 weeks time, doesn't it? I would think strep infection accompanied by mono in that case, since he did have a positive response to the antibiotics.

But this guy ain't responding, just like last time. Makes me think he's a troll.
>>
Bra what the fuck
>>
i want to scrape all that out
>>
>>17345905
This is my first time posting on /adv/
The first time I went it was the doctors assistant who said it was strep. She said there was no need to test it because if she did and it came back negative she would question the test. The second time the doctor was actually there and he said it was tonsillitis.
The first antibiotic they put me on was amoxicilin(spelling?) And the second one was cefdinir.
>>17345912
>>17345928
There is a good chance it could be mono. It all started a few days after I hooked up with this girl I met.
And strep and mono at the same time? I've never heard of that.
Sorry about the late response.
>>
File: 20160711_021534.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160711_021534.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>17345970
I do too but I think that would hurt like a mother fucker. I've been hacking up some of it. I spit this up about an hour ago
>>
File: gainz.gif (2 MB, 410x396) Image search: [Google]
gainz.gif
2 MB, 410x396
>>17346042
I don't think it will hurt, mine didn't buy they weren't as bad.
Even if it hurts i'd go for it t.b.h
>>
>>17346034

>This is my first time posting on /adv/

No, it's not, you forgetful sob.

Since you had a positive response to amoxicillin, go ask for another round, or, if the doctor agrees with mono, go get some corticosteroids.
>>
>>17346057
Ya it is... I typically post on /b/ but thought /adv/ would be a little more helpful
>>
File: 1459210456975.png (882 KB, 650x698) Image search: [Google]
1459210456975.png
882 KB, 650x698
Isn't that thrush?

I had thrush a month ago. It's weird, everyone is catching thrush this year.

I've never seen so many thrush cases, what the fuck? Had never even heard of it before

Also, don't scrape it you will bleed, it is fungus
>>
>>17345858

I don't think so. I used to get those, they're not very big and visibly come from inside crevices in the tonsil. This looks like muck growing over the outside of the tonsil, plus the back of the tongue.

Also OP, if it is strep and the antibiotics didn't get rid of entirely, it probably just means that a small bit of drug-resistant bacteria was left over and it all grew back from there. Did you fuck up your antibiotic course at all?
I've never had strep, but iirc a friend had it once and was told by the doctor to throw out everything that had touched her mouth - all her lip balms, her tooth brush, etc - otherwise it'd just come back.
Never had tonsilitis either but another friend had that a million times as a kid until they finally just took her damn tonsils out.
>>
>>17347203

I came in here to say Thrush. It's like a yeast infection in your throat. It's fungal. Antibiotics will actually make it worse. Go to the doctor for some antifungal shit.
>>
Thrush. Antibiotics won't do shit. Start gargling with a warm water, baking soda, and H2O2 solution.
>>
Also, in addition to gargling, stop drinking any beer, wine, or fermented beverages such as Kombucha.
>>
Not OP but holy shit you can get thrush in your throat? I only ever knew of that as a vaginal thing.
>>
>>17346057
you shouldn't give corticosteroïds if it's mono.

Anon needs to ask for a swab. That's a severe tonsillitis. Left untreated those can do very severe things.

From the guideline on the managing of strep A associated pharyngits:
>Swabbing the throat and testing for GAS pharyngitis by rapid antigen detection test (RADT) and/or culture should be performed because the clinical features alone do not reliably discriminate between GAS and viral pharyngitis except when overt viral features like rhinorrhea, cough, oral ulcers, and/or hoarseness are present. In children and adolescents, negative RADT tests should be backed up by a throat culture (strong, high). Positive RADTs do not necessitate a back-up culture because they are highly specific (strong, high).

You need to be sure they are treating you for the right thing. The antibiotic you got is the right one for a strep A sore throat, but the fact it came back this early is worrying.

Hence, go back to your doctor, insist on that fucking swab antigen test and if it is not positive then get a blood test for mono.

Mention that it started after snogging.
>>
Does it hurt
>>
If it wipes away its thrush
>>
>>17347221
I didn't mess up the course at all. I never missed any pill a day. I wanted this shit gone as fast as possible.

I just got back from a different doctor and he swabed me for strep and that came back negative. He said it was most likely mono and I went to have some blood drawn so they could test it
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.