[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some helpful tips on starting your life? I'm a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: one for me.png (168 KB, 638x276) Image search: [Google]
one for me.png
168 KB, 638x276
What are some helpful tips on starting your life?

I'm a 27 year old man-child living with his parents still. After high school I fell into a dark period of time where i wasted about 6-7 years doing absolutely nothing productive but losing myself in fantasy. My education is limited and i haven't developed any dreams or aspirations yet, so i don't know what i want to do with my life. I have a job working just above minimum wage, but it's a dead-end job and i can't move up. I want to get away from this current form of living and start my own life. I want to gain some independence, freedom and real responsibilities. My family has been far too coddling and has always actively encouraged me to just stay home and stay the same. I love them, but for some reason they don't want me to spread my wings and leave the nest. I don't know how much longer i can handle living like this though. The crushing loneliness and crippling depression has been showing itself more often the last number of months. I severely lack life experience since my mother would always do everything for me and just sweeps the topic under the rug every time i try to reach out for some help. So naturally I thought asking anons on an image board seemed like the next best course of action.

How do i get away and start my own life instead of still feeling like a teenager? What do i do or where do i go to take the first steps? I'm really afraid of what i'm becoming.
>>
>>17345067

Alright, why don't you start by turning a negative into a positive?

You have the foundation. Your family is your backbone right now, and you can lean on them while you learn to stand up for yourself.

Start saving up your money. Dead end job or not, start pooling in your income towards things that will benefit you, for example: A car.

Work on your self image, start working out. Go for walks, hit the gym. Eat better. Adjust your sleep schedule.

Discipline yourself. Don't be afraid. You have your family. They can help you, but the only person that can get you out from where you are is yourself.
>>
>>17345067
move out of parents house: their are lots of people who have their own houses and living on the minimum wage. you will need to be a able to wash, cook and clean up after yourself. if you cant even do that may as well stay where you are mooching off your parents you useless sponge.
>>
>>17345087
This.
>>
>>17345067
i could have written this. except i have moved out at some points. hate to break it to you, but this IS life. moving out and shit doesn't really change that much, you'll still be the same person.

that said, its obvious you want to do it but you're scared. you just gotta do it. if you cant do it on your own ask for help, the worst thing that happens is a "no".

wish i had goals like you dude, im stuck here.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.