[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the older I get the more I can't fucking stand being around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1456199833161.jpg (515 KB, 864x1296) Image search: [Google]
1456199833161.jpg
515 KB, 864x1296
the older I get the more I can't fucking stand being around anyone. Maybe I just haven't met the right people? it's like I just want to live alone inside my own imagination 24/7. I know this isn't healthy but I seriously hate being around what people call 'normies' because it's always dealing with immature bull shit or just shit I really don't care about.

all I care about is reading and eating good food. should I just stop giving a fuck?
>>
Maybe compromise with eating and reading in public or during events that are relative to your interests?
>>
You don't need to be around anyone. It's a waste of time except for business purposes/sex.
>>
>>17344450
this helps somewhat; but then I over-hearpeople's conversations and I get pissed at how fucking stupid people are or how much immature shit people care about. I'm not saying I'm some genius because I'm definitely not, but when I hear normies (yes I'm using that term because at this point in my life it's appropriate) talk about how upset they are because they are dating a guy and upset they can't just date multiple people at the same time, and woe is them because they're in a monogamous relationship, I get fucking annoyed and think "thank god I'm not in their circle of friends".

it's like people are turning more and more into shit and it didn't use to be this way. people were more interesting from what I remember years ago, but lately it's like all originality has declined into just people crying they can't keep doing the most decadent shit.
>>
>>17344404
Jesus! I wish you were a near me so we could speak. I can totally relate because I'm the exact same way.

I usually just take care of pets and work. Study or do gym deeds
>>
>>17344813

If you can't stand being around anyone, why would you want to be around OP?
>>
>>17344404
>Maybe I just haven't met the right people?
Yes. Unless you're genuinely anti-social, then meeting new people with similar interests will help you.
>>
I can relate. I was homeschooled past 7th grade and finding friends my own age (18) that I "click" with just doesn't happen. I have two that I genuinely like, and I've known them for years. I don't feel "dysfunctional" or anything over it, it'd feel isolating if I WANTED a ton of people in my life to deal with, but I don't. You're probably the same way.

Sometimes hanging around with acquaintances that you don't want to really be "friends" with is pretty amusing, though. You just have to realize that everyone is on a different wavelength from one another in some way, and a majority of them are just awful, lmao
>>
>>17344404
Ugh I'm kind of starting to feel the same way. 29, have a good job, my own place, have had long term relationships, mostly been well adjusted/normal for most of my life.

lately I just dont give a shit about being with anyone. Weirdly like you I am really into literature and cooking. I've been keeping up some friendships just because I am a little worried about being too socially isolated. But starting to think it wouldn't be too bad.
>>
File: 1466777490069.jpg (34 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1466777490069.jpg
34 KB, 500x376
>>17344404
I am 30, I can't stand most people and ironically I do a job where I have to be personable and likable to be successful.

I think the more people I meet, the more patterns I notice. And those patterns in personality start to repeat after a while. It gets boring when you have somebody figured out.

I feel I am going to become the grumpy old man that hates everyone. And there is nothing I can do.
>>
>>17344483
Totally, all the people in the world changed to become more and more frivolous. It's not you becoming less and less patient with them.

Besides that it's pretty normal to find the majority of the people boring. I don't share any common interest with most of humanity, and it's fine that way. i can talk for a few hours with most of the individuals i meet, but i'm not interested in most of them. Most of the population is like that, its why you do social activites, why you meet friends of friends, because the more people you meet, the more you gonna learn and develop yourself throught those great relationships.

If somebody is a ass or a complete moron, just ignore them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.