[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two friends of mine fought tonight. How do I mend the group back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: shutterstock_122743897_0.jpg (44 KB, 700x526) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_122743897_0.jpg
44 KB, 700x526
Two friends of mine fought tonight. How do I mend the group back together?

Back story: a group of us was hanging out at the pool some days ago. Friend A and Friend B have been friends since forever; longer than I've known them. Friend B got into a friendly grapple match with another person. He lost, they shook hands, and he seemed to take it well. While friend B was resting, friend A took his attention from a female friend of ours to tell friend B he looked tired and defeated like a loser. Friend B clocked him out of nowhere and they got into a scuffle. Friend B is usually a quiet and calm guy, while friend A is outgoing and driven. Why did friend B suddenly rage out like that and punch our friend? and how do I get the group back together? friend B left a short while after when friend A told him to leave, since it was his apartment. It's been a few days, and they still haven't made amends. How could two fundamentally different people even be friends for so long? As a neutral third party, I want to help them make up. I know friend A is a proud person and won't really initiate the peace process, but person B, an analytical person, is acting unusually proud, too and won't apologize. What can I do?
>>
>>17342143
Fight them both
>>
>>17342143
>What can I do?
Nothing.

Friend A made a shitty remark, possibly in jest, but what Friend B did is fucking insane. At no point does anyone have the right to physically harm another person over words.

>What can I do?
Nothing. Friend groups split for smaller reasons and they both sound pretty shitty.

>How could two fundamentally different people even be friends for so long?
Nostalgia, history, etc. People grow apart though.
>>
>>17342161
>nothing
I guess so. Just sucks, you know? all 3 of us always hung out and now it's all gone to shit for what I think is a pretty stupid reason. I know friend A likes to say whatever comes to his mind but friend B acted very unusually angry. I just don't want to split time between both of them; my job is enough work for me.
>>
>>17342143

Losing a fight a a big kick in the dick, and your friend is an absolute fuckwit if he thought that saying something as insulting as that when your other friend JUST had his ego bruised is a special kind of retarded. That's a serious respect issue and on top of that I think there probably was a long build up of the aforementioned respect issue until something snapped.

I don't think what your other friend did was right at all though. There was no need to escalate it that far, but logic trumps emotion and generally speaking guys get angry when they're stressed, so I imagine he had a lot more going on behind the lines.

Look it's only been a few days. If they wanna make up they will, if they don't they wont. just let it happen either way and probably give some advice to both of them. One needs to get his head out of his ass, and the other needs to say what the fuck was going on in his head.
>>
>>17342143
In what way is this your job?
>>
convince female friend to jerk them both off. That should help ease the tension.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.