[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a coworker who creeps me the fuck out... its not like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
I have a coworker who creeps me the fuck out... its not like he does it on purpose... its how he looks and the kind of aura he puts off. He has yellow teeth and strangely long canine teeth, he breaths very heavily a lot, and he shambles when hes not doing anything important at work. He is a very very nice guy, always smiling, always happy, but hes very jumpy and easily made anxious... he seems to be particularly nervous when sirens go off, when loud pops go off (the recent fireworks going off near the store seemed to make him jump and cringe) and he avoids police. Now heres where things get really weird, he has caught spiders in the store, spiders freak me the fuck out, but he just caught them by hand and instead of smashing them, he'll walk them out to the nearby bushes and release them. He won't swat flies, he won't even kill cockroaches, yet he eats cheeseburgers for lunch... once he was frustrated with a customer, who was being a complete bitch to him for no reason, he held an empty metal paint bucket one one hand and dented it when he squeezed it... which I have never seen anyone do, specially a chubby hairy nerdy guy... also a homeless guy was yelling crazily outside the store, he walked out there, stood still and said stop, and the homeless guy shut up and walked away, no longer hunched over, no longer ranting and raving, just very calm and collected. Also one morning I came in with stomach pains, and I thought about going home early, when this coworker walks up to me and asks whats wrong, I tell him I'm not feeling well and he grabs my shoulder and says,"Hang in there, you'll feel better" and I felt this horrible chilling cold where he was touching, but my stomach pain went away.
I have tons off odd occurrences with this guy but I don't know if I'm going crazy and hes just a normal dude, or if theres more to him I don't know about...
am I going insane?
>>
>>17340107
What do you personally think is wrong with him?
>>
>>17340107
Your coworker is into the occult or esoteric things. Most likely he's not into anything weird or fucked up. He seems very RHP and he like a nice guy. I could go down the list of everything you wrote and explain each point individually, but I have the inkling suspicion that you won't care because you're likely just a cunt.

t. an occultist
>>
>>17340124
I have no idea, but he fills me with this slight dread I can't explain, when he hands things off to me, they're always cold where he touches. All my other coworkers don't seem to be put off by him though, in fact, were happy when he said he wasn't transferring to a location closer to his home. Some regular customers really like him, animals seem oddly drawn to him, people who bring in dogs, the dogs are oddly like, obsessed with him... we had a bird in the store once and when he came in, it flew onto his shoulder and he walked out and it flew away.
>>
>>17340133
Would you? I need to like, rationalize this. I don't even know what RHP is... if its just an explanation that he's kind of a weird dude with a medical condition then that's fine, I don't want to go to a supernatural explanation but some stuff that involves him I can't seem to rationalize.
>>
He's alpha as fuck, mate
>>
>>17340186
>I need to like, rationalize this.
You can't in your current model.

>I don't even know what RHP is...
Right Hand Path. I'm assuming you're too basic to understand the philosophy, so the tldr version is just that he aligns himself with the universe instead of aligning his will internally.

>if its just an explanation that he's kind of a weird dude with a medical condition then that's fine
Nope

>I don't want to go to a supernatural explanation but some stuff that involves him I can't seem to rationalize.
Then fuck off back to your conception of the universe and explain it however the hell will allow you to accept this without having to expand your mind or consider different perspectives. Maybe just keep assuming he's a weirdo.

I'd honestly assume this is bait if I didn't know people like him myself.
>>
Physical appearance and stature is not something that can be drastically changed. Don't be an ass about that. If he's constantly smiling, and has the decency to ask if you're feeling okay, I don't see what you have against him. Perhaps he's just an anxious guy that doesn't like loud noises? And simply because you dislike spiders, it doesn't mean every one does. Out of 7 billion people in the world, some are going to choose to take it outside rather than wait for someone like you to smash it. It's still a living creature. Unless he does something that warrants your mistrust, I say just piss off.
>>
>>17340206
What?
>>17340208
Then tell me from your perspective... if it is something supernatural.
>>17340210
But what about the chilling cold? the fact animals are drawn to him, obsessed with him. Children seem to innately fear him, not normal kid shy, like they almost seem to freak out in his presence, the incident with the homeless person?

its hard to talk poorly of him, or suspiciously because he is so incredibly nice, he always helps me with the labor portion of the job, in fact, everyone has noticed he takes a lot of the labor onto himself... he just freaks me out, his girlfriend does as well, but shes only come around a couple times...
>>
>>17340235
If he hadn't made you uncomfortable before (likely from social awkwardness), would you consider any of this to be strange?

Imagine a clean, normal person who's really good with animals and happens to have cold hands. Would you think there was anything particularly unusual or supernatural about them?

My guess is you have a confirmation bias. His social awkwardness led to you feeling uncomfortable (which is common, because if someone doesn't behave as normally socially your brain has a harder time reading them and can be put off). He has good things about him (cold hands, good with animals, kind and considerate), and he has his problems (awkward, anxious, maybe not so great at taking care of himself).

Once your brain has decided that he is weird, you have a confirmation bias. Anything you see him do now is now interpreted in a way that confirms the conclusion you have reached. Confirmation bias is a normal, natural thing that everybody experiences. Our brains are adept at seeing patterns. They're so good that sometimes they misread and find patterns where there are none, such as the idea of lucky/unlucky streaks, and phenomenon like pareidolia.

It is normal for you to be feeling this way, it's just how people work. But it's important to be aware of your own biases and recognize when it's happening. How much of your reaction to him is legitimate discomfort caused by his actions, and how much of it it caused by your own thought patterns?
>>
>>17340235
>But what about the chilling cold?
I feel as if the cold feeling you described stems from your own preconceived notions of the dude. Whatever previous misconceptions you had, the feeling of his hand on you gave you the shivers.
>the fact animals are drawn to him, obsessed with him
Taking spiders outside with your hand doesn't mean animals are obsessed with him. It means he can catch them.
>Children seem to innately fear him
Perhaps because children are judgy as well. Kids go based off of initial appearance all the time. I'm sure if he looked more normal but was missing a limb, or blind, they'd react the way.
>the incident with the homeless person?
That actually sounds like a very normal thing to do. If a homeless person is making a ruckus outside you should go and tell him to stop.
>>
>>17340235
You are just a gigantic bitch. Grow up
>>
>>17340284
>>17340288
but dogs wanting to be near him, to the point where they'll tug on their leashes to try to get close to him. The bird landing on his shoulder, the wild bird that flew right down onto his shoulder, and let him walk it out... that isn't odd to you? The spiders come toward his hand without being pushed from behind, same with the cockroaches he releases. Theres other odd occurrences too but I don't know, it might seem crazy if I'm trying to connect them to him.
Maybe you're right though, I could just be judging him...
The incident with the homeless person was just, crazy because the homeless guy went from hunched over, yelling and raving insanely, to walking perfectly upright, in an almost, uptight fashion, like he suddenly had perfect posture, his face frozen in a neutral way, and he walked that way out of the parking lot, around the corner and he was gone.
>>
>>17340235
No, fuck off, I'm not here to give a lecture. He's a nice guy who is into some woowoo and tries to keep himself in harmony with the world around him. You seem to be the only adult uncomfortable around him, so you're probably just fucked up energetically, in addition to being a cunt.

Just listen to these anons:
>>17340284
>>17340288

We like people like them because they help us keep all of this hidden so we don't have to deal with shitty people like you, OP.
>>
File: tumblr_ll9azko8v21qfz80yo1_500.jpg (51 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ll9azko8v21qfz80yo1_500.jpg
51 KB, 500x282
>>17340107
I'm not interested in your damn fantasies woman...go back to Gaia with the rest of the lamo's .
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.