[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
yo im only 19 years old, but im really worried about my little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: sad-cat-003.jpg (4 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
sad-cat-003.jpg
4 KB, 252x200
yo im only 19 years old, but im really worried about my little sister, whos 16. my mom (who is an icu nurse herself, which is quite ironic) refuses to take my sister to a therapist i think she really needs. my sister shows some of the super obvious signs of depression, and i hear her crying a lot in her room, not to mention her eyes look sad and dead. what can i do to help her? i cant drive yet because i havent been able to make enough to afford driving lessons (even thoigh our family is pretty well off), so i cant drive her to a doctors office. my dad wont be any help either, since hes such a huge narcissist he probably wont believe that my sister is struggling (ive been through worse than that! and im the only one who kniws anythig and i know she cant be feeling that way)
>>
talking helps, a smile and a wave to keep her noticed. ask about her life, what her biggest dream is or was and just take your time for her.

make her go for a walk with you, save money and get her treats. be the best sibling
>>
>>17336523
she doesnt really like to go out much or anything, but ill definitely try doing nice things for her
thanks for the advice anon
>>
A. Nurses are often control freak narcissists with low IQs and sycophantic to authority figures, therefore it's likely your mom is probably bullying your sister and doesn't want to be exposed... and she probably enjoys her suffering.

B. Studies show that psychotherapy, therapy and psychiatry only benefit 15% if the population that sees them, including those diagnosed mentally ill.

C. She's in highschool, so just a place a call to the school and ask to speak to the guidance counselor, since you're a concerned brother

D. Don't blame this shit on genetic or chemical imbalances, the APA no long holds those views as of 2014, but it's going to take awhile before the propaganda train stops.

E. Just talk to your sister as well.
>>
>>17336549
no kidding about the narcissism. ill try to be just as good to her as i can for now, since school isnt in session and i dont think i can call her counselor right now
>>
File: 1460229401392.png (619 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1460229401392.png
619 KB, 1024x768
It's very sweet that you care as much as you do anon :')

I think you should spend time with her during the summer break and just do fun things together. doesn't even have to be expensive, just go to the beach or something. Sunlight and fresh air are always big pick me ups.
>>
>>17336598
my parents are really just bad people and i dont want them to fuck up another poor kid to be honest
>>
>>17336499
>yo im only 19 years old, but im really worried about my little sister
Yeah yeah go fuck yourself. Worried that she'll inherit the money and leave you on the streets, ey fucker? Listen here knucklehead, I know your type. I know you fucking sociopathic clingy self-imposed bullshit types.

You can't help anyone, you don't want to and you cannot because you're incompetent loser and an asshole.

So kindly do your sister a favor: leave her all the money and then kill yourself.

Do it. Kill your fucking self, you useless disgusting sociopathic pile of >>>/trash/
>>
>>17336705
I have never seen an asshole like you before
>>
>>17336705
I have never seen an asshole like you before ya twat
>>
>>17336705
i has't nev'r seen an asshole liketh thee bef're
>>
>>17336705

Ive seen an assholr before. Not one like you.
>>
>>17336561
if it was me, knock when she's crying, ask to come in, close the door, then just sit and talk. find out what's bothering her, if she's worried about things. did she do something she regrets? is someone hurting her? is she hurting herself? are there thoughts or voices?

you're the brother, man. if you love her, you'll know what's best
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.