[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend never wants to do anything.. and not in the sense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Girlfriend never wants to do anything.. and not in the sense that she's lazy or something, but she just doesn't want to go to any place I pick.

For example:

I picked a pretty known science museum that's 25 bucks. She doesn't want to because its too expensive and she doesn't think she'll enjoy it.

Fair enough,I looked again and picked a free place to go. A really beautiful park in San Francisco. Nope.. Too boring.

So I told her we can walk around downtown San Francisco and get some dessert. She doesn't want to walk + too boring.

Then if I run out of shit to pick she tells me we "never do anything"

WHAT THE FUCK AM i SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN SHE DOESN'T WANT TO GO ANYWHERE

This is how it is for EVERYTHING its either too expensive, or too boring , or no walking, etc.

What pisses me off is that she spends hundreds of dollars on festivals and concerts but won't spend 25 bucks to go to a stupid museum that we can experience together. Like even if its stupid, we don't know its stupid. It could be awesome, but she doesn't want to find out "the hard way" aka "waste 25 bucks" I don't want to pay for it because I used to always pay and its not fair that she won't go somewhere with me because it's "too expensive" (25 bucks..??) yet she spends half of that buying panera bread and spends 10x that buying festival tickets.

It's not even about money too because she buys me presents and shit. So I just don't fucking understand...
>>
>>17336281
Ait her down and explain that she needs to make an effort. And at this point, if she doesn't, it might be time to walk out.

I mean, I am heavily introverted, lazy, and have low drive to do shit, and I still get off my ass and go out with my girlfriend, no matter how boring it will be. Because it's about spending time together.
>>
Bro, straight up tell her how you feel. If she doesn't realize that you are fucking irritated by the way she acts, she will never understand.
>>
>>17336299

I'm just starting to get really bored. I feel like she does the shit im talking about in a way that makes me feel like I'm a shitty person for not finding stuff to do.

But I guess today I just had a realization that she has to put effort too. I realized that if I hadn't been picking shit for us to do that we would never do anything.

and I would probably get blamed for it.

Our plans RARELY fall through.

I'm shy but I love going out and shit.

I like going to raves and stuff like she does but I don't want that to be the only thing I ever do.. That's just stupid.

I feel like the only time she falls through with her plans is if she's going to raves.
>>
>>17336306

I've told her before. "You gotta help me find shit to do too.. You can't just leave that on to me and then shoot me down for every single idea"

"okay I'll help"

So then she ends up not finding anything and we just pick something to feel like we actually go out...
>>
Why do people keep making threads like these, explaining their issues in detail to anon instead of doing the same directly to their significant others?
>>
>>17336308
So, again, sit her down and talk. If things go south, the relationship wasn't going to work anyway.
>>
why do you need to do anything? maybe she really just wants to chill at home but doesn't know how to broach the subject/pretended to go along with it because you're so on fire for going places
>>
>>17336319

Chill at home:
>I wish we would do more things

Go out:
>I'm so tired can we go back home
>>
>>17336321
>Chill at home:
>I wish we would do more things
then tell her "well what would you like to do?"

when she says "I don't knowwww" then tell her to let you know when she comes up with something. then continue about your business.
>>
>>17336315
I wonder this a lot, and I think sometimes it might just be because they don't want to open that can of worms without having a backup plan and/or some reassurance that they're not being a demanding asshole by bringing it up at all.
>>
I know these feels. Girlfriend never ever wants to go out. Finally she agrees to something. Then an hour before were about to leave she comes up with an excuse.

Then has the audacity when i hang out with mates to have a go that we never go out.

i wasted my time trying to explain how bullshit it was and she ended up getting mad and changing the subject to some irrelivent bullshit.

So now i dont even ask her. I hang out with my mates and i take care of me now. She had her chance multiple times.

Tl;dr look after you and if she decides to change thats on her.
>>
>>17336356
She might have anxiety, I'm like this when the anxiety gets soul crushing.
>>
>>17336443
Thats fine. But she shouldnt turn around and blame me for her shit.

Rather than make plans... bail and then complain we never go anywhere she should talk about it and if she truly does want to do things as a couple work towards dealing with it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.