[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, Are there people who survived depression? I mean not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 481x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 481x480
Hello,
Are there people who survived depression? I mean not bad mood but long depression. And what's the difference between schizophrenic symptoms and depression?

Sorry for lack of English.
>>
>>17333316
>shit white people make up when they cant get laid or have friends
>>
That's not about it. I cry everyday, and feel lost. I just need to know is there anyone who can tell me he cured?
>>
>>17333316
>Are there people who survived depression?
Yes, obviously. What kind of question is that?
The vast majority of depressed people get better, even without treatment.

>And what's the difference between schizophrenic symptoms and depression?
This is a difficult question, since the 2 families of disorders overlap heavily in signs/symptoms. First of all, you need to determine what kind of depression you might be dealing with, ie a subtype.
Psychotic depression overlaps with schizotypal, schizoaffective, and full schizophrenia.
Manic depression overlaps with schizoaffective.
Melancholic depression overlaps with schizoid and schizotypal.

Beyond that, you basically need actual psychological training to distinguish them. But some general points:
1: Depression tends to get better on its own, negative symptoms typically don't.
2: Negative symptoms are almost always resistant to standard antidepressants, eg SSRIs
3: Negative symptoms come with more and heavier cognitive dysfunction, aka pseudodementia

>>17333331
Have you even been to a professional, like a psychiatrist?
If not, go see one. If you have an actual medical condition, they can help.
>>
I've been to psychotherapist, after 45 min of my story she just gave me prescription for drugs and told to see her in two weeks
>>
I mean how to realize that if "that's just depression, take AD" or "it was negative symptoms sorry"
>>
>>17333316

I don't know. I've been depressed for 16 years now. My life is good. Good job, great friends and family, no history of abuse or anything like that. I'm fit, run 3+ miles everyday, can lift more than 99.9%, and eat healthy. Don't do drugs or drink. Am relatively attractive and get along well with nearly everyone. People at work absolutely love me.

I'm still depressed. I've tried countless anti-depressants, therapy, you name it. I still want to die. It's simply not rational. Every few months I'll put myself in a life or death situation just so my survival instincts kick in to try and make my brain realize that I don't really want to die.

So to answer your question. I don't know.
>>
>>17333369
What is pseudodementia?
>>
>>17333403
Merely pretending to be retarded

Hence the pseudo

pseudo means false from greek
>>
>>17333398
Have you ever been worried was it schizophrenia or depression you living with? I'm asking because I do worry.

And how can you describe your depression? I thought depressed people couldn't do 1% of things you do.
>>
>>17333316
OP, I was cured. Spent about 7-8 years severely depressed, ended up in therapy and on meds. The first lot of meds were worthless, second lot started to help, therapy did the rest.
>>
I guess, the main question is am I going insane or not. Now I'm thinking about my past, where it went wrong, that's all I do. Sometimes it's scary to go out of bed.
I read a lot of stuff about psycho symptoms and now, when I look back at my life, it appears to me, that I am one. But maybe it's anxiety. I feel anxious every day
>>
>>17333460
Dont think to much about it. You'll go down the rabbithole and it'll get worse.(Been there. Done that).
Go and find a job if u have none
Go and seek a therapist
Get better
???
Profit
>>
>>17333484
And you got out of it as simple as that?
>>
I have. I made new friends, I stuck with them.. I enjoy their company.
I have many close friends online and offline. Try opening up to someone who cares. Maybe they'll change your life for the better.
>>
>>17333413
I do worry that it'll turn into schizophrenic someday, but I don't hear any voices so see anything that's not there. My depression is just like a cloud that's constantly over my head, with constant feelings of worthlessness and suicide.

From ages 23 to 27 I was an alcoholic NEET and basically left the house once a week for food shopping at 1am. I knew the only person that could help me was me, so I started to make small changes in my life to try and get better, thus ending up where I am now. If anything my mental health has gotten worse, even though my relative quality of life has improved. I used to be a firm believer that depression was just something you could just 'snap' out of with a different mindset. It's not.
>>
>>17333496
Is there something not ok with you besides that dark cloud? I mean personality changes
>>
And what's the difference between neurosis and psychosis?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.