[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Timid and shy , hesitant to say hi, what would be the ideal way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (256 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256 KB, 2000x1500
Timid and shy , hesitant to say hi, what would be the ideal way of meeting and befriending random people ,not just in the classroom or social event. going to a collage and don't know anybody. I don't want it to be another highschool experience,
>>
Just talk to people.

Hey hows it going.

One of two things is going to happen. Theyll say hi back or they wont.

Its not the end of the world.

I got over my shyness while i was high on shrooms i realized that if i was diagnosed with a terminal illness and was going to die in a month or a year id regret not doing something as simple as socializing.

Think of it that way. If you had just tomorrow left wouldnt you feel kinda silly letting something as small as social anxiety get in the way.

The thing is you will always gwt rejected. There will always be awkward moments and you will get along with people.

Tl;dr
you dont live long enough to fear socializing. Just start practicing by smiling and saying hi to random people.
>>
File: 1435967820251.jpg (44 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1435967820251.jpg
44 KB, 720x540
>>17333047

Are you living in the dorms? The first few weeks in the dorms everyone is super eager to meet new people because 90% of them are in the same boat as you. Be open to social experiences during the beginning of the school year.

I used to be just like you in high school but I met tons of people in college and made a lot of friends, I decided to let go of the part of me that was afraid to put myself out there and just went with the flow.

Also get involved on campus, I never thought I would have done this but I joined my colleges mock trial team; met a lot of great people this way and really improved my public speaking skills. I was scared shitless at first, but now I am so glad that I did it. I'm now in law school because of that, never saw myself doing that.

Don't sweat the small stuff man, when you hear that people are doing something join in rather than sitting in your room on the computer. Just make yourself available, shit will work out and then also join something on campus even if you think it wont be for you.
>>
Thanks guys the one thing is than I'm pretty awkward and can't find the courage to be outgoing , idk how to hold a conversation I'm not that intellectual ether , once in a while il be spontaneous but the other days I feel pretty weird ,
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.