[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Someone I know wants to set me up with a friend of hers >I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1435199206302.gif (296 KB, 378x369) Image search: [Google]
1435199206302.gif
296 KB, 378x369
>Someone I know wants to set me up with a friend of hers
>I have terrible social anxiety when it comes to women
>don't know who her friend is or what she's like. all I know is that she thinks I'm cute.
>never dated before and I don't even like talking about it to my parents. I just try to avoid the topic.

So what should I do? Should I tell her I'd like to meet her friend? How do I overcome this fear of talking to my parents about it? What if I meet this girl and I'm just not interested in her?
>>
>>17332434
>So what should I do? Should I tell her I'd like to meet her friend?
Yes if you want to. You've really got nothing to lose. If there's no chemistry, you'll just have an awkward conversation with a stranger then go both go home. So what?

>How do I overcome this fear of talking to my parents about it?
Why talk about your parents about it at all?

>What if I meet this girl and I'm just not interested in her?
Then you get on with your life as it was before you met her.
>>
>>17332444
>Why talk about your parents about it at all?
If I go out they're going to ask me where I'm going. Then I'll have to talk about it. I'm not gonna lie to them.
>>
>>17332457
Well then tell them the truth, it might be a little awkward, but they're your parents and they're gonna be proud (unless your female and they're homophobic).
I can't see them ever judging you badly for dating, as I said in my other post. It's just gonna be an awkward conversation for you. Life is full of them for us betas.
You've just gotta go for it if you're ever gonna have a chance at being happy.
>>
>>17332471
I guess you're right. but I have this feeling that they're going to lecture me about how I shouldn't have sex. They're the wait until marriage type
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.