[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are niggers and fags really oppressed? I've been alive somewhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: art inspiration.png (475 KB, 500x604) Image search: [Google]
art inspiration.png
475 KB, 500x604
Are niggers and fags really oppressed? I've been alive somewhere between 13-18.1 years and I've never seen anyone use nigger or fag as a hateful insult towards actual Africans or LGBTQ people.
>>
>>17332335
Niggers confuse racism with class-ism. Fags are just hated by alot of people, but not really "oppressed"
>>
Of course they're not oppressed, those niggers are just being faggots about it.
>>
it's more to do with a few concepts known as the "glass ceiling", the "glass floor" and the "cycle of poverty"
You can search them in Wikipedia and that will kinda give you a run down of why certain groups are oppressed. Black ppl were slaves, because of the cycle of poverty they never really reached the middle class and because of glass ceilings it's much harder for them to succeed in their careers. While some white ppl have glass floors where they just kinda never have to do much to be successful.

It's stuff you get to learn about in a first year university level sociology class. Kinda interesting but also kinda sad
>>
>>17332335
Depends on where you live, I think. I live in the suburbs of chicago, where the european families tend to be a little racist and homophobic, but most other people seem pretty normal. It probably depends on where the people are from, what crime rates are like, what the demographic is like, etc. that determines how much hate there is.
>>
>>17332381
Is there any actual empirical evidence to back up these claims of ceilings, floors, and cycles?
>>
>>17332345
Good post, sir.
>>
2 million and more tumblr users would think so.
>>
>>17332396
Yeah there's lots. Actually the department of labor tracks it really well. Stuff like looking at what jobs African Americans are getting, what their pay is vs the industry standard and how long it takes for them to get promoted vs the industry standard. It's pretty dismal stuff. I heard on Bloomberg a few months ago that since the recession overal unemployment has decreased but unemployment for African Americans remains the same since the recession.

I mean there's also tons of academic stuff out there too on these things. It mostly gets published in economics and sociology journals. Not really my cup of tea though. Really makes you think about how shitty the world can be.
>>
>>17332617
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.