[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would a degree in health & wellness be a good choice? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: h&w.jpg (104 KB, 640x212) Image search: [Google]
h&w.jpg
104 KB, 640x212
Would a degree in health & wellness be a good choice?

It's the only thing I'm really passionate about but I'm not sure about the job market with it.
>>
Dude, I don't where you live, but the population is aging.

Careers in the health field are in demand and will only become more so as the baby-boomers get older
>>
>>17331943
Jobs are everywhere, you just have to get the right internships and make the right connections.

The main job people go for with this degree, in the US and Canada at least, is health educator. Unlike the title would suggest, you're not a health//P.E. teacher in a school. Hospitals hire these people to see patients and coach them on their shitty life choices which led them there in the first place. You'd be educating patients on diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes like quitting smoking or drinking alcohol. If you want to continue your education to the post-grad level, you can specialize in things like diabetes education or addiction education.

The career is pretty in-demand. Check out internship opportunities with SOPHE. That should get your foot in the door.
>>
>>17331956
This, but as soon as you're in get training elsewhere because that msrket is going to crash hard when they die.
>>
>>17332052
There's a good 20 years before that happens

And people are living longer and longer.
>>
>>17332056
It only means it's gonna crash harder. It's not sustainable to have so many people living without being laborers, especially people who will begin to demand more of the system.
>>
>>17331943
do it faget

patient educators make bank and are in high demand. $60k/yr+ if you get in a hospital setting.

you can work pretty damn well wherever you want too. hospitals, nonprofits, public health departments, doctors offices, insurance companies, schools/universities, etc.

just to be a walking pamphlet that ain't a bad gig at all

my dad did this job with a BS in nursing tho
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.