[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Very Low
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1445745576594.jpg (31 KB, 666x720) Image search: [Google]
1445745576594.jpg
31 KB, 666x720
Dumping some real details on my life here, so I hope some of you guys have the mental energy and good will to reply.

Around sixteen I came down with a minor deformity in my jaw, which may he correctible by exlensive voluntary procedures. Subsequently I found of how emotionally unstable, succeptible to depression, and without adequate family support I was. Around eighteen I became homeless, having left my father's home due to his abusiveness, and my grandparents'/mother's for the fact she didn't want me.

I am twenty one now, and it looks like I have solved the homelessness issue. I can also create networks of friends and attract the occasional pretty girl.

However I am equally ugly, equally unstable, and equally depressed. It feels like I went nowhere in three years. Plus, I can't make anything good out of these friendships or relationships due to all of my limitations. Beyond that, I have suicidal ideations and have been experiencing things that tend to get labeled "odd" or depersonalization. I also hate our current society.

What should I do? Continue to seek increasingly higher quality therapy, continue trying to accomplish more for society to get karma and cash, and maybe look into surgical correction of the issues I have with my face?

This doesn't sound like the worst thing; but my optimism is so gone. I feel like a crazy, worthless and ugly waste of a person.
>>
Dude you've brought yourself out of homelessness and developed networking and social skills. That is more accomplished in a few short years than some people manage with a decade.

Everyone goes through periods of dissatisfaction from time to time. As Mike Piazza put it, "If everything came easy, you wouldn't appreciate the good times. Like success, the best way to handle it is with humility."

Keep your head up, get some therapy if you think you need it, look into the corrective surgery if it will increase your quality of life, just keep on going man. I don't even personally know you and I'm proud of your accomplishments, you should be too!
>>
>>17331930
im 35 and still cant make any friends or keep a girl around for more than a month... and I look pretty damn good I am told.

Unfortunately life is really tough sometimes and sadly isnt fair but you have done pretty good for yourself and you just need to keep on going. Maybe you need a new and harder challenge in your life, one that gives you a sense of reward. For me thats just pushing myself in the gym and on the bicycle, you will have to find what interests you and pursue it.
>>
Your life is as easy or hard as you want it to be. Youve been taking your life and doing hard mode. If you can keep at it and believe in yourself, who knows how far ahead youll be able to get.

look into behavioral therapies for depression. they work really well and just bring so much satisfaction back into your life
>>
that's really nice guys, especially to hear encouragement that doesn't invalidate the things im going through.

Looking at myself alone, im satisfied to keep making this level of progress...I just wish I could be better for my friends and girlfriends. I always fall short on them because I pretend I'm this cocky guy, they expect me to be a rock, and then I get too stick to even spend good time with them.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.