[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just. I've spent a lot of my summer sitting around not doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Just. I've spent a lot of my summer sitting around not doing much. All my friends are either busy, broke or boring. I want to be out doing cool shit making memories, but I'm not and it feels like I'll never manage my anxiety to the point I can be.

Dude I'm just miserable and bored all the time. Nothing really holds my attention anymore. I keep looking back to the past and how much different things were back in the day. Not necessarily better, but different and feeling nostalgic and missing it. I'm stressing about my complete lack of motivation and I have no clue how I can even begin with to fix that because I've had it my whole life. I'm lonely even thought I have my best friend literally in the room with me.

I feel overwhelmed........
>>
>>17330899
Why did you post this here instead of texting your friend.

Are you a bot or just retarded
>>
>>17330899

sounds to me like you are experiencing stress because you know you are growing up.

in early highschool you could spend your whole summer sitting aorund in your room just playing vide ogames with your best friend.

and it'd be the best summer evar. now im guessing you're a senior or even in college and are aware that the sun is setting on your childhood and you feel more pressure to make these last moments count. you're doing what you've always done but its not enough.

are you broke? are you boring? if your answer is no, then invest your money in something fun and invite your friends. if they are boring they'll still go if they are broke they are SOL.

what do you want to do if your friends werent broke or boring?
>>
>>17330910
I just finished my first year of college, I was in a bad relationship so I didn't socialize much. I made one friend.

>the sun is setting on your childhood and you feel more pressure to make these last moments count. you're doing what you've always done but its not enough.

Kinda. I'm also kinda stressed that I may of set my career path on something that I may be simply "growing out of" on my way to adulthood (I took programming because of my love of vidya).

But yeah, I feel like I'm wasting my time, I want to be out making the most of this time I have but it's proving difficult. I live in a small town that doesn't have much for a 20 year old to do, I didn't make very many friends in college (college is a 45 minute drive away) so I don't get very many plans with people to get up there and do things.

On the rare occasion I do go out I have very bad anxiety. It make's it impossible to meet new people and I'm noticing it's effect on me in other areas of my life too.

I really hope my love for these things don't disappear though (then again, when I was busy with college work the rare time I got to sit down and game was very fulfilling so maybe it's just the fact it's all I've been doing).

My relationship with my friends aren't the same anymore. I see my best friend on a daily basis nowadays (he doesn't have a job rn and his girlfriends counseling a camp), But some of my friends, it's different now and thinking about it makes me absolutely miserable.

This is without a doubt the most stressful time of my life and I'm not properly equipped to deal with it,

Cont,
>>
>>17331087

>makes it IMPOSSIBLE to meet new people

until you let go of that thought, you're stuck. nothign we say will help cuz you have already decided something is impossible simply becuase you dont want to deal with the basic stress of a normal situation.

all in all it sounds to me like your friends arent boring YOU ARE. you have yet to say what you would actually do if ur friends werent boring.

dont rely on others to make your life interesting.
>>
File: topsters2 (5).png (1 MB, 3352x1596) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (5).png
1 MB, 3352x1596
>>17330910
>are you broke?

No, I work, I put a lot of money away because my OSAP this year won't be very much and I'm trying to avoid a student loan at all cost (or at least make it as small as possible). I do have decent amount of spending money, (I do spend a lot of money on weed desu, I smoke a lot but it's mostly because I'm so fucking bored around here. I figure the more I'm out and about/being productive the less I'll smoke).

>are you boring?
I think so desu, I latched onto video games at a early age. My interests never really branched out beyond that. I'm into music a little more than your average person.I guess

>what do you want to do if your friends weren't broke or boring?

Idk, I don't even really understand what I want socially. I'd always be down to go to a bar or party, even that would be more fulfilling then what I'm doing now, But like I said, I can't overcome my anxieties and shit with meeting people
>>
>>17331104
How do I bring myself out of this way of thinking then? It seems pretty automatic to me
>>
>>17331129

there is your problem mate.

you calim all your friends are boring, and then you are too boring to even suggest what would be fun.

go try new shit.

>>17331142

by doing what you claim is impossible. you make friends you have a gf so you know you can socialize its not impossible its just uncomfortable until you meet someone you like.

my ultimate advice is this: your days are pretty fucked. you cant find something to do every day with friends. isntead , invest your time in somethign productive.

like comics? draw one. like books? write one. like chairs? build one. make a web series, write a script, paint a picture, do something. if you dont like it, move on to the next thing.

thats what you do in the mornings. than in the afternoon to shake yourself out of that, you go to the gym, or a jog, or to the park. find some reuglar exercise. see if there is a dodgeball league. go to meetup.com and see what you can find, or just check local parks and rec centers to see whats being offered. volunteer if you must.

then the evening is when you arrange to have fun. even if its just three dudes playing nintendo and drinking beers.

plan weekend adventures. try things you never tried before. even if you think 'NAH THAT WHOLE LIST SOUNDS BORING!' stop being a whiny cunt and pick the least boring one and try it two or three times.
>>
>>17331153
I've had these weird anxiety issues almost as long as I can remember. I've tried "just telling myself I can" it never works. Whenever I try to talk to new people my mind and body just freeze up. I have such a hard time making conversation, and when I do it's usually a bad joke no one laughs at, especially in large groups. I've also been pretty much conditioned to assume everyone's judging me negatively.

I just can't escape my head when it gets like this, it isn't as easy as just forcing myself to stop
>>
>>17331211

you cant force yourself to stop but by your own admission you can force yourself to go. you need to keep putting yourself out there. clearly you have and clearly its worked out.

you arent as unique in this as you think. we all hate meeting new people because at best, we know they are still judging us for simply being who we are. but thats at best. the worst thing anyone can do is be a dick. their opinions dont matter and dont effect your life, so let em judge.

just keep forcing yourself to do it, even if you cant force yourself to stop thinking about it.

good luck
>>
>>17331284
>just keep forcing yourself to do it, even if you cant force yourself to stop thinking about it.

You're not telling me anything I haven't heard. I can't overcome my fears, they're like this massive brick wall and I just... can't. They just feel like way too much.,,,, Oh god I'm fucking pathetic.....
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.