[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Met work buddy's girlfriend for the first time the other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: jealousfatty.jpg (376 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
jealousfatty.jpg
376 KB, 1000x1000
Met work buddy's girlfriend for the first time the other night while drunk. I asked her to set me up with her friend and she agreed and gave me her number.

Now I'm all shy and have no fucking idea what to say to her, worried she was just drunk and thinks it's too awkward, or what.

So I just want to hear if anyone else met their boyfriend/girlfriend this way? Any stories to tell?
>>
>>17330579
Yeah most people meet their partner through their peer group. Ask her stuff when you meet, most people love to talk about themselves. Don't go full sleaze "you are so beautiful", if you want to give a compliment say something about how that dress looks very nice on her.
Your number one question can be "so, how do you know X (= friend that set you up)"

Here is a list of questions / topics that you can talk about:
1: work. where does she work, what does she do.
2: after work, does she have any hobbies? What are yours?
3: living area, where in town, is it nice there, did she have trouble finding the appartement
4: animals, does she like them, which ones
5: brothers/sisters, do they get along great, what do they do
You'll notice as you talk along that you have somethings to chip in on some topics, if so, then do, otherwise it's just an interview. If she says that she likes to read and so do you, talk books, bookshops, latest books, great places for books and coffee, crappy bookshops etc.
If she mentions another subject while answering, you can zoom in on that.

Things to avoid on first date are the hot topics of politics and religion, unless that is super important to you.
>>
Does this friend know you? It might be strange to text someone who didn't know their number was given out or if they don't know the person texting them.
>>
>>17330616
No, she doesn't know me. I'm her friend's boyfriend's friend.
>>
>>17330633
>>17330616
But I'd guess she would warn her or at least ask her if she wanted me to know her number.

When I say "she gave me her number" I mean my friend's girlfriend did - she didn't give me her friend's number straight away!
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.