[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get better at TF2? More specifically with Soldier and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 506602962_preview_TF2.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
506602962_preview_TF2.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
How do I get better at TF2? More specifically with Soldier and Heavy?

I love the others (except Spy, because he's tough to use), but I just want to focus on these classes.

I suck at rocket jumping and I just charge into the battle as a Heavy. Without Heavy, my aim is subpar.
>>
skip school and studying, set a schedule for practicing each class

there are some good maps that let you 1v1 as soldier; a good way to predict rocket speed and enemy movement is just to play a lot and understand it, also you need a really good computer
>>
>soldier
Be like all the plebs and use the black box. Just shoot where your opponent is or where they will be if they're moving.
>heavy
Try to always have a medic on you and just shoot whatever comes your way. Focus on high priority targets. Kill the medic over the scout, engine over the pyro, etc.
>>
>>17329507
>skip school and studying
In this season? Heh.

But anyway, thanks. Problem is that I never find 1v1s at all. Just Skial servers, some idle servers and only a few times official Valve.

Either I'm a tryhard or an f2p gibus noob fgt to these people.

>>17329529
The Black Box? I always heard it was an awful, awful, awful rocket launcher to use. It looks fun nd I love its looks, but I seriously heard as much flack on it as the Cow Mangler.

Though for Heavy, my teams are always retarded, so they almost never pack a medic. In the scenario of medics not existing, what should I do? Sandvich is obvious, but I either die while eating, or the enemy team creams us anyway.
>>
>>17329473
>I suck at rocket jumping
Learn to rocket jump

>I suck at Heavy
Learn to be where the enemy team doesn't expect you to be

>I suck at aiming
Keep playing, preferably scout and sniper. Your aim will always be shit if you just play soldier and heavy all the time.
>>
>>17329473
>How do I get better at TF2?
You misspelled CS:GO
>>
As soldier practice juggling the enemy... aka hitting a rocket under them to force them in the air from there you can do anything to them. This will also help your aim since it will force you to predict where they are in every situation. (Be it ground or in the air). You can also do 1v1 with other soldiers but be warned those guys are pretty good. If you dont mind dying a ton it helps a lot.

For rocket jumping, just start with easy routes in a map. Even if it's just a single jump that is all good. Make sure you know how to air strafe. Default servers have extremely low air accel so you will need to be smooth if you want to turn in the air,

( < like that kind of movement. [This is good for distance]

Also you can watch
honorablejay's
"TF2 Rocketjumping 101" on youtube

It explains the absolute basics on the air mechanics of the source engine, and he explains it very well. The video is around 6 years old but the mechanics are unchanged.

Idk about heavy since all I played was either demo, soldier or medic.
>>
Get good fps
Find a good sens
Grind tr_walkway, jump maps and me
>>
>>17329473
Quit playing a dead game turned hat economy for Gaben

There's literally no point in tf2 anymore beyond generating them revenue
>>
>>17329473
just play overwatch
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.