[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I could use someone to talk to. I just have basic depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1274670417439.jpg (54 KB, 620x478) Image search: [Google]
1274670417439.jpg
54 KB, 620x478
Guys, I could use someone to talk to. I just have basic depression issues about feeling unloved and unwanted, but it's really bad right now. I feel like shit, and I spoke with a suicide livechat person but they did such a shitty job I want to die even more. Help.
>>
>>16499033
So what would you like to talk about?
>>
>>16499033
In a nutshell:
>was in a relationship with the love of my life
>shitty job that I hated, but happy when I came home
>she breaks up with me to pursue her career and moves away
>has a new boyfriend in about 2 weeks
>cry everyday for a month, but power through it and apply for a job that might make me happy
>get the job, now I work somewhere that I like, but have nobody to share this feeling with. life is sad when I come home and I feel like I've hit rock bottom.

Not even sure if I'm looking for advice or anything, just an e-shoulder to cry on.
>>
Fuck, making a thread on 4chan was probably a mistake. I just didn't want to use /v/ which is my primary, or worse, use /b/.
>>
>>16499033
Wish I could empathize on a deeper level, but I married my first love and have never felt lonely.

Although the few times I did live alone I kept getting auditory hallucinations, which were hella intense.

Anyway, you got a sweet job, so you can focus on that maybe even make some friends there.
>>
>>16499053

Nah it is not a mistake.

Yeah that feeling sucks but dont try to fight it let it consume you like a wave and go with the flow.It is natural to feel like that so give it time you will adapt.

Always remember when one door closes other open, so you have so many people around your self that you dont see yet you think you are alone.
>>
>>16499082
Let it consume me? Today I broke down in tears in the parking lot before heading into work. Should I embrace this feeling? I don't want to push other people away with my problems, but at the same time it's really hard to put on a smile and pretend like nothing is wrong.
>>
>>16499096

Yeah embrace it more you try not to be sad more you will be and if you suppres it then it will affect you without you realizing it.

What were you thinking whem you cried at parking lot?
>>
>>16499125
Out of some weird desperation to connect with her, even indirectly, I texted her mother. We were together for 2 years so I had a very close relationship with her parents, we were friends. I texted her mom that I hoped she was doing well. She replied that she had been thinking about me, hoped the new job was going well and that I would have a happy thanksgiving. I replied once more that I was thankful for everything they did for me (they let me live with them for 6 months when I couldn't afford the place I was in anymore) I added that I loved them all, and that I could never repay their kindness. I was openly crying by the time I sent the message.
>>
>>16499132

That is legit reason to brake down like that. I know how hard it is but it is time to accept its over and look what good comes out of this.
>>
>>16499125

Seconding this. I know it sounds weird and oddly like the opposite of what you want to do OP, but sometimes this is the most effective approach. I find that when I personally struggle with hard hitting things, that trying to forget them or make some "easy fix" move past them it usually dosent solve much. Sometimes sitting down for an hour or however long you need and just constantly thinking and reflecting on it is the best way to find peace and come to terms with it. Its eating at you like this, because its slowly chipping away at you. Take a moment to look this face on for as long as necessary until all of the ugliness fades out. Cry, scream, break shit, or whatever else is necessary. Sit down and get all of those negative emotions out of you. I dont know how long it will take, maybe one session, maybe six, but I can at least say that after each one the next will become less and less strenuous on you; it may not seem like it but it will. I wish you all the luck in the world OP, hang in there and know we're here for you.
>>
>>16499132
Sorry mate, that does sound like a tough situation. You sound like a good dude who really does try to keep moving forward, hence the new job,

Keep it up. These anons are right too, if you feel like sad, don't hold it in. Let that shit out! trust you'll feel a lot better.

Have you talked to anyone about this? close friends? even a consoler? Talking to someone IRL can really help you deal with your emotions. Keep strong m'guy
>>
>>16499033
Dear OP, i was in your same situation 10 years ago. I had a bad situation in my family, feeling useless and unwanted, so i had a breakout,and i've fallen in a deep depression mood. 3 months without going out or speaking to anyone,and all of the sudden, i found a book that took me out of that situation. After years, i realized, it wasn't the book that saved me. It was me. Harsh times come and go, don't refuse the pain, living is hard but it's the only thing worth the whole effort. Stood up and show the world you can be a better man, rise up and show yourself you are full of qualities. Cause we are all born perfect, we just need to learn to understand that.
I'm with you, brah.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.