[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As an 18 year old who knows very little about how the world works,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 8642264_t.jpg (12 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
8642264_t.jpg
12 KB, 200x267
As an 18 year old who knows very little about how the world works, I have been trying to find the skills I need for adulthood. Can anyone give me some tips?
>>
Worry about yourself first and foremost, and don't be a cunt.

Stay away from relationships and focus on hobbies, interests, and your work life.

That's just my advice and it may not apply to you.

You just have to figure it out yourself to be honest.
>>
I hate you much, but here goes.

Learn how to do your laundry. Easy, right? But many faggots actually bring it back to their mums.

Learn how to cook. It's easy. It seems hard at first, but do it. It's so rewarding and honestly bring a girl home to cook a meal for her and she'll need to soak her panties in bleach to get the stains out.

Learn how to do your taxes properly. Seems scary, but it's like 10th grade math. Easy fucking peasy.

Learn how to public transport. Most cities have it set up easy. It seems like an "Ewww poorfag shit" but get the fuck over yourself, you pleb fucking faggot. You're one of us now.

I can't think of much else, but so long as you have food and shelter, you're good.
>>
>>16498669
>Stay away from relationships
Everything else sounds like a good Idea, but why stay away from relationships? Having relationships seems to be something more helpful than non.
>>
>>16498671
This is nice in the strangest way. Thanks.
P.S, I use Public transport all the time. Cheaper, better, and greener.
>>
>>16498683
Fuck greener.
Being an adult is learning to fuck everyone but yourself.

#1 is food.
Crockpots are your friend.
You can tern 2$/lb meat into a fucking weeklong treasure

Eat rice with every meal. It's like eating bread on meat.

Also have a cupboard of snacks and lunches,.
Like $1 shit. Like cans of beans and Kraft Dinners.
For those moments where you're hungry at night.

My summation is so have a good roof, eat cheaply, and be fucking SOCIAL you sperg.

My regret from my early 20s was that I was not social enough.
>>
>>16498662
Stalk. Betray. Don't show up when a guy wants to give you a second chance. Laugh it off later and act like nothing happened. Call him a bitchboy when he's angry for good reason. Get mad when he decides he has had enough and chooses to go fuck other women.
>>
File: 1448123298472.png (1 MB, 3840x2400) Image search: [Google]
1448123298472.png
1 MB, 3840x2400
>>16498701
Is somebody salty from a breakup?
>>
>>16498706
I never had a relationship. It just sucks when you're willing to give a girl another chance for a possible relationship and she shows herself to be no gf material. It's a bummer if you had hoped she were cooler, that's all.
>>
File: 8689416_t.jpg (7 KB, 199x164) Image search: [Google]
8689416_t.jpg
7 KB, 199x164
>>16498718
Oh well that sucks. Hope your situation improves. I'm in a similar situation myself.
>>
>>16498718
>I never had a relationship

impotent beta frustration lmao
>>
>>16498706
And what has their shitty behavior to do with me being salty? They're the creators of my unhappiness, not happiness, obviously.
>>
>>16498677
I said too me that's been helpful. I stopped dating a few years back and life has been very swell.

If you want to get into a relationship that's fine, but I find them to normally end horribly and cause a lot of unnecessary stress usually.
>>
>>16498726
with this particular girl obv. Do you think im jking btw?
>>
>>16498730
if you were joking it wouldn't be funny
>>
File: tumblr_lj47r8MUV31qha3hko1_540.png (40 KB, 509x572) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lj47r8MUV31qha3hko1_540.png
40 KB, 509x572
>>16498727
I'm just saying that you seem to be "salty" at the other person because they're the source of your distress.
>>
>>16498736
obv. mostly salty at myself for ignoring the red flags of her being insecure and manipulative. but trust me, im feeling kinda good actually
>>
>>16498695
>Greener=Cheaper.
Not as in "Buy a Tesla", but more as in Recycle and use public transport.
>>
>>16498662

Hi. Join the Navy as a CS. Ask to be put on a forward deployed CG or frigate. Make friends with the shittiest people in your division. Tag along with them wherever they want to go and do whatever they want to do when overseas.

You can learn a lot about life in four years, and when you're done with your term, you get free college, which you will pursue as only one of the ways in which you will distance who you want to be in the future from who you were in the past.

To grow, you have to fuck up.
>>
>>16498771
I wish I did this.
>>
>>16498662
Lol biggest thing is to not be so dramatic. Life is never going to go your way and, unlike so many of the pathetic little shits who make threads here, you dont have to kill yourself just because shit isn't unfolding exactly how you want it to.

A lot of shit is totally out of your control and you can't judge yourself based on the results you've received if you've done everything you could right.

Life is yours to enjoy, and there is so much more than achievement that makes a good life. Look into it.
>>
>>16498805
This post actually touched me a lot. Not OP, but I appreciate it though.

My life has gone to shit recently, but what can I do?
>>
>>16498726
>>16498733
you seem like an asshole
>>
>>16498701
what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>16498805
fuck you faggot, i fucking hate myself, what the fuck do you expect?
>>
This should provide you with the basics of how2adult.
>>
>>16499249

This seems like a very boring and optimistic way to live
>>
>>16499283
I can't see why. Please explain.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.