[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AMERICANS CHECK IN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: city.jpg (44 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
city.jpg
44 KB, 620x412
I'm a 20yo freshman planning on moving to the U.S after finishing my degree. I need some americans to give me some inside info on what cities are the shit and what cities suck

looking for:
- job opportunities in I.T (otherwise can't get a visa
- reasonable rents (in san fran they charge like 2k/month for mediocre shit is that a joke??)
- young population
- extroverted people
- attractive girls and drinking culture (slutty is bonus!)

Where would be the best place to thrive? All opinions welcome
>>
>>16497411

I have always heard that San Jose was the place for IT, I have never been there before though.

I have made a good living bouncing around defense contractors, they pay very well and the areas in California where their plants are have very low living costs. I don't know if that would be an option for you though given that you aren't even a resident.
>>
>>16497411
idk about other places but Los Angeles might have what you're looking for.

>job opportunities in I.T (otherwise can't get a visa
Lot of start-ups and a lot of technology-oriented. They're trying to market themselves "Silicon Beach" in the westside (Marina Del Rey/Santa Monica). 9 times out of 10 if it's a big corporation in SF they probably have a branch out here. Uh, yeah.
>reasonable rents (in san fran they charge like 2k/month for mediocre shit is that a joke??)
There are neighborhoods in LA that are relatively cheap if you look hard enough and are willing to deal with the commute. There are neighborhoods that are comparable to SF and NY however.
>young population
There's like a thousand universities (UCLA, CSUN, CSULB, USC, LMU, CalLu, Pepperdine, etc.) so yeah, young enough population in the right neighborhood. A lot of kids trying to make it out here and whatever venture they've chosen.
>extroverted people
Aspiring entertainers and actors fucking everywhere. So yeah.
>attractive girls and drinking culture (slutty is bonus!)
See above. Hollywood/Downtown/wherever has a huge club and bar scene. Hollywood girls are extremely slutty, do not fret.
>>
>>16497443
I want to add that it's also hot, it's hard to get around without a car unless you live Downtown or near a train station, so I personally despise it here. There is a really heavy Uber/Lyft oriented transport here now, though. They have a really great art and music scene if you're into that, there's something for everyone here.

I'm actually looking to leave to Portland and Seattle, so, lol
>>
>>16497443
Sounds great desu!

Also is the LA traffic meme true ? I heard the commute is really choppy. Are things better with a motorcycle?
>>
>>16497467

Yes, it is true. Driving over the Sepulveda Pass (8 miles) takes about 65 minutes during the morning rush.
>>
Not Op, but what do you guys think of new-orleans, seatle and NYC?
>>
>>16497411
Omaha, Nebraska is recession proof and had a ton of good paying jobs. Girls are hideous drinking culture is ok. It is a super super boring city, but its cheap and the jobs pay very very well. Tons of immigrants too.
>>
>>16497500
Seattle sucks if you're out of state and starting from scratch
The general populace is highly zionistic and if you don't have connections it's hard to get anywhere beyond Burger King
There's enough aspiring young lads holding out signs along the highway exits in Seattle looking for work as it is to be honest, quite a shame really
Such is big city living I suppose
>>
>>16497500
>new-orleans
No idea.
>Seattle
EXTREMELY xenophobic. The Seattle police force can literally get away with murdering random foreigners, stay the fuck away.
>New York
Pricey, little work to be found. Good city culture though.
>>
>>16497411
No place will have all of these. SF gets you all but the reasonable rents, and is mediocre on the girls. NY is a little cheaper, and has more women AFAIK. Boulder, CO would be a good choice but also really expensive. For cheap rent you want the Midwest, Omaha isn't the worst idea.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.