[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some scenarios where a group of people know something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4
File: 1447004978108.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1447004978108.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1067
What are some scenarios where a group of people know something about you but act like they flat out don't?

Basically I have this group of friends and I get the weirdest fucking vibes from some of them sometime. Like they all know something that I don't, something concerning me. Like for example it'll be me and two other guys, and sometimes it feels like the two guys are making an inside joke aimed at me, like while I'm right there.

I asked someone about it once, a kid who I thought was a bit more trustworthy than the others, I was like hey is there something you want to tell me man, insinuating that I knew that he 'knew', and he got really nervous and started maybe overreacting a bit telling me 'dude you seriously have some problems'. But I didn't even come at him strangely or anything I was a bit submissive about it even.

So I was like okay then you can't say it for some reason whatever and he's like idek wtf you're talking about, then he like went outside to smoke (we were at a house party), but he came back in 10 minutes or so later and was like dude if something's bothering you should just tell me, we should talk about it, I sense that you're really upset, etc.

I don't know like what exactly it could be and I tried to convey that, but the response I got was creepily ambiguous, like 'I'm not going to say it unless you say it first/assure me that you know what it is'.

I swear this is like some The Truman Show shit. It's really fucking with my head. I'm tired of people looking at me like I'm some kind of spectacle when they say what's up to me.
>>
Honestly dude? It sounds like you are completely paranoid. Like, to the point that it might be the early warning signs of some kind of mental illness. People have a conversation or joke that doesn't involve you, and you assume it's ABOUT you. That's classic paranoia. I had feelings like that when I was younger and smoked a lot of pot, but when I'd sober up I'd realize that it was all just in my head.

The world doesn't revolve around you, never forget that. It's entirely possible that people do talk and joke behind your back sometimes, because everyone pretty much does that about everyone else. But it's not all the time, people are probably just having their own conversations about their own shit. It is not normal to INTERROGATE your friends over petty bullshit like this, especially when it's basically all just in your imagination. He might've been right, you might have some problems.
>>
>>16490080
You're insecure and paranoid. Nobody is laughing about you behind your back because nobody is sufficiently invested in you or your life to do so.

Actually, you sound sufficiently obsessed with this notion that you might actually have some kind of actual clinical paranoia. IDK, seek therapy.
>>
>>16490128
No man I totally get that. In fact for the first few months I dismissed it as some sort of narcissism from assuming everything HAD to be about/directed towards me.

But I swear it's grounded. There's this one guy for instance, we were at my place and I bought a pizza and he's all, yo man can I get another slice? And I'm like uh it's cold but go for it. Then I walked to the other side of the yard and he's all, 'ey, dude!, yo can I get another slice' And I nodded my head at him, then he fucking asks again, and I realised he was having a go at me and then I also realised everyone else there was just fucking looking at me.

I can understand from an average point of view what I'm describing would definitely be just baseless paranoia but you're not appreciating the actual instances, obviously, because you weren't there.

I could go on and on with examples. They just seem too fucked up and sinister for it to all be in my head. But no I totally get that from an outside perspective, just from how little I've explained, it would seem like typical paranoia. But it's not.

I'm not saying it's like some big evil plot but there definitely is something that they think they know about me which is causing them to act this way.
>>
>What are some scenarios where a group of people know something about you but act like they flat out don't?
when a wizard makes your paranoid delusions real.
>>
>this is like some The Truman Show shit.
I was thinking this exact thing while reading OP, lol

Could be avoidant personality disorder as well. A reflection of the fact that you just suspect that other people don't like you. I speak from experience. The only sound thing to do, is to always tell yourself that it's probably just some troublesome notion you have, and that you're just looking for confirmation in other people's behaviour. Stop it, and it will just dissolve. It's nothing critical.

Or maybe you smell really bad, and people are too chicken shit to just admit it.
>>
>>16490133
I get that nobody would be sufficiently invested but what if it's like some huge pink elephant thing.

Don't get me wrong I most certainly AM experiencing psychological paranoia but I don't think I'm experiencing paranoid delusions. I think what's happening is real and it's making me completely fucking anxious and nervous because I don't know what the fuck it is and am sort of scared to find out what it could be.

>>16490193
Man confirming instances happen too often. I get weird fucking looks from people I've known for like 2 years now. Too many weird ominous vibes.

Like one time this one guy whom I don't really get on with too well was leaving and he puts out his hand to say goodbye and I put my left hand up and he avoids it and puts out his hand again, like, 'try again', but I didn't understand what he was doing so I put my left hand up again and he does the same thing and was like 'left hand for the fake man' and gives me the creepiest smile.

I just sat there like a complete idiot thinking about what he was trying to say to me. I feel like I've gotten a lot of underhand jokes pertaining to money. Maybe my friends think I'm lying about the fact that I'm wealthy? But I am wealthy. And they would have at least some clue of that given how long they've known me.

Also the 'left hand' comment wasn't just some innocuous thoughtless remark. Because one day he said bye to me and I stuck out my right hand and looked at him deep in the eye and waited for him to slap it and he hesitated for like 5 seconds but then laughed it off and said 'haha, right hand for the real man!'.

Fucking creepy idk.
>>
use your wealth to see a doctor, you're insane.
>>
>>16490244
I know this is petty but it's necessary just to keep this thread from devolving, but people with full blown actual paranoid delusions can't write in coherent sentences.
>>
>>16490232
It's starting to sound like you just hang around stupid dumbasses that are amused too easily.
>>
>>16490252
These are kids who have like 0 book intelligence but have sublimated all of their energy into street smarts and situational awareness, so while part of me wants to look at it simplistically and assume they're too stupid to hold some sort of conspiracy type thing like this together, I know in the back of my mind they were raised on subtext and situational awareness not for the sake of getting a passing grade, but for survival, so it's really just completely confusing.

Then again most of them are complete losers realistically speaking so I don't know honestly, like how smart could they be, in any capacity.
>>
>>16490269
No, I don't mean that they're unintelligent, I mean that they're dumbasses. Childish. Puerile. Immature. Easily amused. The sort of person that still guffaws at the mention of anything remotely sexual. That sort of person.

Yeah, it sounds like you might want to hang around people who've mentally and emotionally developed beyond their mid teens.
>>
>>16490232
Maybe he was talking about jerking off? Who the hell knows.
In your shoes, I'd say to simply try to take things more how they are and stop trying to overthink and over analyze situations so much, as it obviously leads to janky reasoning's.
>>
>>16490283
They're like the polar opposite of that actually. Like there are 17 year old kids in this group who might as well be fully grown men.

Then again there are literal 30 year olds who don't act a day older than 20, so idk.

>>16490292
Definitely wasn't. I mean if it was a common thing to say I would think anything of it, but it's not at all, so I'm sure it was directed at me as some sort of confrontation.
>>
>>16490251
>full blown actual paranoid delusions can't write in coherent sentences.
that's not true.
>>
>>16490299
What even makes you so sure?
>>
>>16490312
Sorry this is
>>16490292
>>
>>16490299
It really doesn't matter how old they are. If they act like idiots then they act like idiots. I've never been able to put up with people that think the 'high five too slow' bit was anything other than utterly moronic, yet here you have someone that seems to think it's the funniest thing in the world.

I'm loath to tell you that there may be a nugget of truth in your crazed delusions, and I still think you should seek professional help just to be sure, but it's not impossible you're the member of the group they keep around to pick on for amusement. Or maybe they're not consciously aware of it and might less off if you explain how you feel. You'd know better than me.
>>
>>16490326
Oh no he didn't say it like 'haha psych man I got you lmao11!!' he said it like he was suggesting something towards me. In a really subtle way where he knew that if I were to have said anything about it he could have just denied it and made me look crazy.

i still have the way he laughed at me etched into my memory. It was like he was just beholding me and laughing at every inch of me. Such a bad feeling.

I'm not sure if it's that they keep me around to just fuck with me because if anything I keep them around.

I've actually thought about it that way, like where this is just some thing that's evolved naturally in our interaction because I'm better looking and infinitely more well off than all of them, like it's some sort of subconscious control thing to keep me around because they need me more than I need them.

But that's too self-centred for my tastes. It could be true though.
>>
>>16490353
Man, fuck if I know and fuck if I care. What I can tell you is that I'd much rather be alone than be in the presence of people like that.
>>
You could just be the one that the group keeps around to pick on. If you have any doubts this is a real occurrence, please watch any episode of The League.

Get better friends. Seriously. I've stopped talking to people I've been friends with for almost 10 years because they gave me bad vibes. Either that or address your potential paranoid.
>>
>>16490232
Sounds like whatever handshake/wave you were doing was supposed to be with your right hand. Left hand was "fake". Then you go back and use your right hand while staring him down and creeped him out.
>>
>>16490457
>>16490407
Can you even read.
>>
>>16490080
I know exactly how you feel.
I'm sure there's a name for this specific phenomenon, but you gotta find better friends.
I'm all for logic but sometimes it's best to go with your gut. If you feel bad vibes then you need better company
>>
>>16491095
Any clue what you think they think about me, given I'm right about why they're acting the way it seems like they're acting?
>>
>>16491315

Listen, man - the whole problem here is that you're letting this stuff fuck with your head. If they've got a problem with you, it isn't serious enough for them to bring it to your face. This is petty, passive-aggressive bullshit. It's nothing.

It doesn't even really matter WHY they're doing this. Maybe it's jealousy, maybe you're an awkward guy and they're just messing with you, maybe you're misinterpreting things, who knows. But whatever it is, it's bullshit. If it mattered, if it really required your attention, you'd be having a real conversation about it. Not these middle-school antics.

If you don't like hanging out with them anymore, if you don't feel like they're treating you with respect, don't hang out with them. If you still have good times and this is just a little thing that's bugging you, just don't let it bug you. It sounds like they're just trying to get a reaction.
>>
>>16491315

Are you gay or something? The way you're talking in this whole thread, it's like you have some big secret and you're afraid that they found out
>>
>>16491392
>it's like you have some big secret and you're afraid that they found out
How do you figure, exactly?

But no I'm not gay.
>>
>>16491569

Well, this whole thread you're driving yourself crazy saying "I think they know something about me." I don't understand why your mind would go there unless you've got a secret or something you're trying to keep hidden.

What's the worst-case scenario, in your mind? What COULD they know, that would justify all your anxiety over this?
>>
>>16491777
Just like the way I've felt them insinuate things. It seems natural to assume that they're assuming something (grave) about me. I know it seems weird to make that connection but if you were there and understood my perspective it would make sense.
>>
>>16491777
As far as what it could be, like I said, I really don't know. That's why I made this thread, to see if anybody had any ideas.

I know it wasn't meant to be taken as a serious response but the gay thing is pretty much in line with what type of answer I was looking for. Something that would make them act oddly around me but that would be too weird to ever bring up directly.
>>
File: 17forum.jpg (3 KB, 124x118) Image search: [Google]
17forum.jpg
3 KB, 124x118
Your friends consider you beta. Next time someone talks shit.. I would dish it back. Can you honestly consider them "friends"... like if you were stranded or in jail would they come bail you out?
If not, cut your losses now. find some hobbies and expand your horizons beyond them.. focus on finding a girl or a boy I dont know what you are. Join a gym.. put on some weight and see if they still talk shit.
talk shit, get hit.
some times you gotta put your foot down on a fuckers face.
>>
>>16491842
This isn't it. If anything they're scared of me and that has a lot to do with why they don't ever say anything direct. I could easily take down any given pair of them at one time and they're aware of that.

I can't say I haven't thought about it before but pursuing that will only make me seem like a child.
>>
>>16491858
Then I guess you are just an over reactive cunt, that thinks if he is not directly involved with whatever they are talking about... it must be ABOUT you.. BEHIND you. Which is just straight up retarded. Your next best move would be to get quiet and alpha still. Dont be so knee jerk reactive to everything. Anything, they offer sucks.. what ever you say is allot better. should be your attitude.

If you consider yourself alpha then why the fuck does a lion care what the sheep are talking about at all?
>>
>>16491867
That's already how it is. I learned to do that ages ago, it brings it out more clearly, they become more desperate about me noticing, so I can confirm to myself that it's not just some narcissistic personal thing but an actually occurring phenomenon.

Though I won't try to play it off like I'm not nervous about what the fuck it is, if it even is. Because I am. I really don't even know why though because I just can't think of anything which would be so bad.
>>
>>16491315
"phenomenon" anon here. Sometimes groups single out one of their own and so little things to edge them out. I'm not quite sure what motives might be or what you may have done, but this type of thing has a profound effect on the target's. After all, how moronic is it to say:
>"hey I feel like you guys are talking about me/are excluding me/ are holding me to some weird inside joke/treating me like the black jelly bean"
>"lmao do you have proof? What made you come to this conclusion?"
>"I-I dunno, I just had a feeling.."

Humans are social creatures. You can tell when you're being edged out because we relied on each other heavily for survival so anything that would endanger that would of course set off alarms
>>
>>16492220
Yeah I get that. The thing which is really difficult for me to understand is that they don't seem to be trying to edge me out of the group. But maybe that's just the result of me already being at the very end, so to say.

Like if they were to cast me out a levy would break.
>>
>>16492240
I'm that case you should jump ship while you're ahead.
>>
>>16492247
I don't know if I am ahead. I don't even know if this is an open sore which will never see closure or if it's nothing at all.

I could easily meet new people but what if blood seeps into the river?
>>
Sounds like you are maybe a bit socially awkward and people are just joking around with you. If they're you're friends then they probably don't mean any harm.

But mainly you just sound paranoid as fuck. Get that under control before you murder your friends one day.
>>
>>16492304
No I'm not socially awkward. I mean sometimes I make people feel awkward when I don't like them but it never falls back onto me.

I am insecure about whatever the fuck they think of me, to a theoretical extent I mean, but I'm not insecure in the way to feel crushed or burdened by others to the point where I become the awkward one.
>>
>>16492340
Seriously just reading your posts you sound a bit... anxious?

I think it's all in your head, anon
>>
File: And In Case I Don't See Ya!.jpg (115 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
And In Case I Don't See Ya!.jpg
115 KB, 1280x800
>>16492344
God I wish
>>
>>16490232

Mate, please listen if this is not a bait because, holy fuck, you are very very obviously paranoid as fuck and need to seek therapy before you end up going on a killing spree or something.

Funny thing is, you're probably not completely wrong - I'm 99.9% sure from reading up to this point that the "problems" the guy in your OP mentioned you having, are the fact that your severe paranoia is starting to show to other people. So maybe there's some self-fulfilling prophecy going on.

The important thing here is that your whole argument for your delusions is completely drowning otherwise inncuous anecdotes with completely subjective shit like "the creepiest smile" and "weirdest vibes" which are 100% based only on your own perception, which is the very thing called into question. The fact that you cannot name one thing which is suspicious in any significant way which does not revolve ENTIRELY on your perception of "vibes" is most telling, and the fact that we are not personally aware of your experience is NOT an excuse, because as I said, your very experience is the matter being called into question here.

If your friends did indeed hold negative views of you for this long, there would be increasingly OBJECTIVELY negative situations/insults/actions against you, but again, all of this relies entirely on your purely subjective perception to be sinister.

Please, you have wealth, so please seek professional help.
>>
My shift is just ending here, or I'd throw out a lovely wall of text for you.

I've been in a similar situation when I was around 18-19, and I'm 24 now.

I would be arguing just as vehemently as you (you've been far more reasonable and open than most OPs of this nature, though!) at that point in my life. Not gonna go into details; no time.

But I recognize now that the shit was all in my head, bro.

Good luck.
>>
>>16492425
No man I have tonnes of things other than just vibes and alike subjectivities. Those were just generalisations to get my point across without muddling it up in the details.

And in my way of seeing things, everyone could use some professional help so it's absolutely useless (other than people who actually do need it, like people who seriously are on the brink of rampage).

There has been a sort of objective, overarching thing going on. It has nothing to do with my paranoia though because I express absolutely none of it expect for like 2 occasions. Otherwise I'm completely stoic or ever so mildly sombre whenever I feel it's occurring. So unless they're clever enough to pick up on exactly what I'm feeling through my momentary absence of its expression, then that's not a possibility. I have a bit more of a ventilation here, if you will, so maybe you're mistaking that freer flow of information with how it is in real life, as it happens.

>>16492449
I'm interested to hear your story though.
>>
>>16492486
Oh to clarify, by 'objective, overarching thing', I of course meant an overall growing distaste for me, though minute, and over the course of like at least a year. But I mean that could just be typical distancing between friends.
>>
>>16490169
he zoned out and forgot your answer. Everyone's looking at you because you're freaking out over your notion that he's making fun of you.

>but it's not
Look I'm sorry but both paranoid people and those who are not, will say they don't have paranoia. Paranoid people almost never admit it to themselves. So how about you go to a shrink and put that to rest? So that when you ask people about what you keep seeing, they'll believe that you're not just paranoid, since a doctor confirmed it.
>>
>>16491095
>I'm sure there's a name for this specific phenomenon
paranoia
>>
>>16492501
Stop doubting the credibility of my experience. You have absolutely no authority in that capacity.

Here's what happened,
>I come out into the back yard, he's sitting down with people
>pizza's on the table and we make eye contact and he asks if he can have another slice
>I'm like it's cold but yeah idc
>then I get up to walk to another group of people on the other side of the yard
>I look back over at the first group and see him and his stupid fucking fish eyes looking at me blankly
>he goes, 'ey, dude! yo can I get another?' In like this cheeky, blank way
>I nod to him and he asks again, still with that fucking blank stare, with his annoying bug looking eyes
This guy isn't a kid. He's like 27. He was acting that way because he's a passive-aggressive cunt and maybe you guys are like younger and have never dealt with people with that type of edge to them to really grasp how this isn't paranoia.

Everyone was looking at me because it was clear he was confronting me.

Also, more proof that this isn't just in my head. Same night, at my place he's in the living room talking with a girl on a couch, he was like casually drumming on the table. I heard him from the kitchen. I walk into the room, he starts drumming slower and slower as I walk by, then picks up the pace again as I pass, like a Doppler effect. But when I went into the other room, he starts drumming like CRAZY fast, like aggressively, like he really wanted to make his stupid fucking point.

He also made this really bizarre comment to me after (these happened sequentially). I think it was something along the lines of 'man those light posts outside, I like those light posts'.

So let's see you guys try to tell me I'm paranoid and this is all in my head now, after I went into detail. As I said, there are tonnes of other notable, objective cases just like these. From different people.
>>
>>16492524
ok two possibilities-
you have retarded friends (most people do not have such retarded friends so there's no name for such a thing)
paranoid schizophrenia (paranoia plus seeing things. You will also 100% believe what you hallucinate to be real)

I'm saying go to a shrink who can prove it's not the latter, so that you don't have to spend the rest of your life arguing that you're sane
>>
>>16492524
That sounds like one dude being drunk/high/a dick. Impossible to tell anything from that or to tie anyone else in with it.
>>
>>16492530
Do you have any understanding of how hallucinations work? The subject undergoes a decohered mental state, and that's the only thing which allows for the hallucinations to seem credible. Without that decohered state, you don't experience hallucinations or even delusions.

And guess what, with that decohered state, you can't type or even think in non-fragmented coherent sentences. But I'm doing that right now. So fuck off man, seriously, I don't need a shrink to tell me something which is beyond any reasonable shred of doubt obvious to me.

You're getting overwhelmed by my super analytical thought process and because YOU can't bear it and mentally organise/process all of the information like I can, you're misattributing that disorganisation onto me and rendering it as schizophrenia.

If I wasn't able to write like a normal human being (of above average intelligence and education at that), then you might have some sort of point. But that's simply not the case and you don't.

I know I'm coming off as defensive right now but seriously I let myself be vulnerable and open up a little about something which is relatively speaking a problem in my life and all you guys can do is call me mentally ill. That's fucked up. Like bar none that's just fucked up.

>>16492532
This is the only realistic, alternative conclusion I reached. He was definitely high, but I'm not sure how high. He's a grown man so if he only had like one joint I doubt that sent him into 'I'mma just fuck with people and do bizarre whacked out shit the whole night' land.
>>
>>16492537
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_schizophrenia
Although paranoid schizophrenia is defined by those two symptoms, it is also defined by a lack of certain symptoms (negative symptoms). The following symptoms are not prominent: “disorganized speech, disorganized or catatonic behavior, or flat or inappropriate affect."[5] Those symptoms are present in another form of schizophrenia, disorganized-type schizophrenia. T
>>
>>16492537
it is also possible to have hallucinations without delusions, and while being coherent, it's called chronic hallucinatory psychosis, but that's just an FYI because you don't have it
>>
>>16492537
I had a guy who I thought was a good friend despite initially not being sure whether he liked me.

I'd smoke him out heaps, organise events and shit, play games/talk about stuff but was always the instigator, he was a bit of a dry paint of wall.

He made a passive aggressive remark and was generally being more of a cunt than usual so I linearly just cut him off

The fact he hasn't even brought it up tells me the friendship wasn't good.

I don't know how you are with your friends but with the friends I hold true and would take a bullet for are those where if I have an issue, I can bring it up.

Shit might get heated but passive aggressiveness, especially among males, is ultimate red flag for me.

You seem like a well rounded person so just ignore the 'mental illness' responses.
>>
>>16492558
the fact that all of his friends are supposedly screwing with him, as opposed to one passive aggressive guy, seems somewhat less likely however
>>
>>16492547
Bollocks. Psychosis implies a psychotic state. That's not by any stretch of the imagination a coherent state.

>>16492543
I was talking about coherence, not disorganisation. They're different qualities. Coherence is like the property of your language having a global soundness to it. The ideas. Like there is an unsoundness, an 'out-there-ness' to some cult philosophy as opposed to me explaining real life instances with the assumption that it's suggestive of something as banal as people thinking something about me but being too passive to be able to vocalise their thoughts.

>>16492558
I would prefer it so much if someone just brought whatever the fuck was on the collective mind about me up one day so we could hash it out like men. This passive-aggressive thing seems to be a recent devolution in society because I do NOT remember things being so goddamn effeminate interaction-wise just looking back only a few years ago.

I remember this one time one of the younger kids got mad at me and tried to fight me but the little guy was practically shitting himself so I had to cut him some slack. He didn't mention anything though other than 'you think you're so sick' (I don't btw that was just his 17 year old mind misunderstanding my solemnity).

>>16492567
It's a lot of people to varying degrees. I just gave the one example of those instances with that one guy that one night.
>>
>>16492579
Argue with the entire field of psychology then. I have chronic hallucinatory psychosis and I'm right here, right now, typing to you. And yes, paranoid schizophrenics can think and type coherently, yes they also believe that they are being scientific and objective. Try reading and watching educational stuff instead of pop culture
>>
>>16492584
Absolute bollocks. You're just a liar man. An attention seeker. You do NOT experience real hallucinations. You convince yourself that you do out of an insanely large desire for attention and validation.

No one's buying it other than the psychs you waste all your money on.
>>
>>16492594
Source? I have sources. Unless you want to call the entire rest of the Internet a lie
>>
>>16492594
I mean I have it, my mother has it, real life doctors confirmed it, the Internet confirms it, what do you have for your claim?
>>
>>16492606
You probably at most hear random strange noises or see indistinct blobs of colour in your periphery.

You don't fucking hallucinate whole scenarios of interaction involving people. That doesn't even happen. When people portray or describe schizophrenics as having 'real-to-life' hallucinations, they're just making some sort of metaphor.

I have common sense, which trumps every one of those. You're not going to tell me 2+2 doesn't = 4 and if you do then what you're saying is actually entirely irrelevant.
>>
>>16492616
I just get voices, sometimes incoherent, visuals are rarer yes. Wouldn't know about schizos but hey, I met some who told me they are not into the paranormal but they believe people are out to get them. No idea how they manage to sound objective, it's Iike they remember things incorrectly or something
>>
>>16492630
I don't remember things incorrectly.
>>
If anything I think OPs shit friend is doing things to fuck with his head. i disagree that he's mentally ill--unless you've had subtle bullshit thrown at you you wouldn't know.
In any case get rid of him and see if these ""hallucinations"", as you other anons call it, continue. If they do seek help but at least that guy is out of your life in both scenarios.
>>
>>16492524
OP, I understand you.

This guy is definitely fucking with you. He is being very, very passive aggressive.

I used to have "friends" that did this, and have experienced this a couple times. It's super fucking immature and stupid, aggressive behavior.

Distance yourself from this fuckwad. Everyone in this thread is completely wrong about you being "paranoid" (maybe you are, but not about that incident).
>>
>>16492537
Having been to several mental hospitals thru my childhood, I can tell you that not all psychotic disorders involve the person being totally incoherent and incapacitated. There are a lot of totally normal, functional, sane, and successful people (CEOs, lawyers, doctors) who experience audio/visual hallucinations without delusions. My bf has visual hallucinations and no delusions. He sees a scary ghost lady a lot, but doesnt believe anything crazy.

You don't have to be a total basket case to have hallucinations. Just read up on it.

Also, delusional people can be eloquent and well spoken. You don't have to be a vegetable to have delusions. Sometimes something goes wrong in the brain and people get paranoid for whatever reason- but they may be highly educated and speak beautifully.

I don't think you're delusional or having hallucinations.

>>16492579
its likely the group (or part of the group) just doesnt fucking like you and won't say anything outright. I've had this happen to me before. it's a cowardly and weird thing to do, but increasingly common.

>>16492579
>so we could hash it out like men
then why dont you just bring it up

>>16492584
I agree with this poster.
>>
>>16492616
Why are you defending your beliefs so vehemently? You clearly didn't read the link the guy posted, because psychotic symptoms sometimes do exist on their own... Even if I hadn't read loads about psych, I know from personal experience. I had a breakdown a while ago from stress/trauma. I started to see and feel parasites in my skin and freaked out, went to the hospital. Got committed. I could speak & explain myself just as well and I can today. I realized I was hallucinating after being committed to the psychiatric ward and haven't had trouble with it since. It's called delusional parasitosis, and the wiki article says
>In primary delusional parasitosis, the delusions comprise the entire disease entity: there is no additional deterioration of basic mental functioning or idiosyncratic thought processes. The parasitic delusions consist of a single delusional belief regarding some aspect of health. This is also referred to as "monosymptomatic hypochondriacal psychosis",[13]:389 and sometimes as "true" delusional parasitosis. In the DSM-IV, this corresponds with "delusional disorder, somatic type".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_parasitosis

But argue with every psychiatrist ever, I guess.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.