[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car Wreck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 260x194
I got in an accident over the weekend. I need some advice.

I rear ended a jeep doing about 20. The jeep slammed on his brakes to make a turn, and we had just started to go from a red light. The jeep had a scratch, my car collapsed, and is totaled. I freaked out, had an anxiety attack and drove off. (no drugs. I have severe agoraphobia and anxiety. one of my few trips out)

Anyway. I'm like w/e i'll just scrap my car and buy a new one (it's only worth 2500 anyway). Insurance calls today. Dude filed a police report for a hit and run and is filing an insurance claim against me.

I lied to the insurance company and said i didn't drive it over the weekend and hung up. I had another anxiety attack. IDK wtf i lied!

any advice? I seriously have no clue what to do. Other than the license plate there's no proof it was me driving. No cameras on the road, but I don't want to go to jail, and how do i explain buying a new car to add to my policy.

I'm so fucked...
>>
>>17328200
I would just be honest. Call back, explain about your anxiety and how you freaked out. Then proceed to give them a detailed list of what happened during the accident. Give them everything like normal, and explain the anxiety that led you to leave.

Cheers mate
>>
That was a big mistake, but if you have medical proof of your disorders it is salvageable. You need to call your insurance company right now and set the record straight, and probably retain your own counsel in case things go south there.

Lies will always come out in a court of law, esp if there's no jury to con. Most judges have years of experience sniffing out bullshit, and despite what movies tell you court is a huge hassle and lawyers don't go for it unless they think they have something. If the dude has filed hit and run against you you can bet his lawyer is going to dig up every piece of dirt he can find. It's his job to do so.

Your mitigating evidence is that you have legitimate disorders and you were not in a right state of mind when everything happened. In fact, I would say retain your own lawyer and talk to them first and explain what happened before you speak to the insurance company so you have someone on your side. Car insurance companies will generally handle minor shit with nothing more than a small premium increase but criminal charges are likely to get them a little pissy.
>>
>>17328200
This is why you have insurance, to get shit like this taken care of. Unfortunately your premium will go up of course but you'll get the problem solved in a fairly stress free manner.

I mean you could run from the whole issue but that would be a pretty shitty thing to do plus it would weigh on your conscious constantly. You would probably get away with it if you live in a big city. The police aren't really going to pursue unless you're right under their nose.

Some jack off ran me hit me on an access road doing about 60 mph and I went off the road and bounced off a couple of trees. Since I was in a truck and just lucky with my reactions and just lucky in general I wasn't off the road very long. Long enough for the guy to drive about a mile up the road without stopping. I hauled ass and rode his ass till he pulled over. His insurance practically bought me a new car. Don't be like that dickhead or the rest of the hit and run dickheads.

Oh and you won't go to jail.
>>
>>17328305
This is bad advice.

What you need to do, immediately, is to speak with a traffic or criminal defense attorney in your area.

You've already hit someone and run from the scene. Depending on where you're located and if the passenger(s) of the other vehicle claim injury, you may either be charged with a misdemeanor or a felony for leaving the scene of an accident. Talking you way out of the charges CAN sometimes work, but you need a strong reason for having done so. Let's go over what happened.

>You hit someone else
>There was no threat or danger to your well-being present after the collision occurred
>Neither you nor your passengers were having a medical emergency at the time of the accident
>You left the scene of the accident
>You didn't pull over at some arbitrary point and call the police to report what happened
>You went home as if nothing had happened
>You received a phone call from your insurance company about the accident
>You stated you weren't involved in any accident and closed the discussion

Basically, you're fucked. I don't believe anyone is going to accept that your anxiety is a reasonable excuse for everything that has happened thus far.

You need an attorney. Specifically, you need a traffic or criminal defense attorney because those are the kinds with experience in protecting people like you from charges and damages.
>>
>What you need to do, immediately, is to speak with a traffic or criminal defense attorney in your area.

Yeah, I'm gonna second this...

You've got a criminal complaint against you for the hit and run and you've got a potential civil fraud action against you by lying to your insurance company.

And since you've shown that you aren't really all that good at dealing with this, you should seriously consider paying a lawyer to handle it for you.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.