[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is gonna be a long one, need some decent advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1462814452071.jpg (30 KB, 1219x178) Image search: [Google]
1462814452071.jpg
30 KB, 1219x178
Okay /adv/, I come to you with the usual problem most posters here face- My girlfriend and I broke up. It was messy and very abrupt- completely uncharacteristic of her. Basically, we had been seeing each other locally for a good amount of time, and then spent about 6 weeks long distance. The entire 6 weeks that we were LDR, she was nothing but excited and eager to see me again. She was always saying that she loved me and missed me and couldn't wait for me to get over to where she was.
Then, when I finally got to see her after the 6 weeks, things started to change. The first day and night was fine, but after we left the city to go stay at her parents place for a little bit, she got more snappy and depressed and upset. She'd mentioned that she'd gotten the arm implant for hormonal birth control about a week before I got there, so I figured she was just adjusting to that. But it all reached a boiling point a few nights ago on her birthday when she ended up getting blackout drunk while we were out, and said she couldn't do this anymore. (cont)
>>
I was fucking floored- I'd seen the signs that she was getting more and more upset and agitated, but I had just chalked it up to her implant fucking with her emotions and the fact that her parents place is very cramped and small, and I was probably making it feel much more so- (I had booked a nearby hostel so I'd be able to give her some space, but this all happened before my scheduled time there). Either way, I came back home defeated and absolutely devastated. She really felt like she could have been "the one" for me. I tried to convince her that it was just her implant and other stressful factors in her life that were making her feel overwhelmed and that if she just gave it a bit more time, she'd be able to level out and deal with all of this without needing to break it off with me. She said that she'd made up her mind and just didn't feel the same way about me.
After all this shit, she wanted to remain friends and keep in touch because she "still cares about me" I agreed, because I'm pretty much desperate to win her back. I've dated a good amount of ladies over the span of my life, and none of them felt as important as this one does, and I'm determined not to let it slip away if there's even a possibility of it being salvaged.
>>
Either way, we agreed that we probably shouldn't talk to each other for a little bit so we can clear our heads. I was sad, but I thought that was a good idea because it'd be hard for me to interact with her, knowing we weren't together anymore.
However, she messaged me today, just 3 days after the breakup, hoping that I was doing okay and that my parents probably thought she was the world's biggest bitch. She kept striking up conversation with me throughout the day, just about random shit, and when I asked how she was feeling she said she didn't know. I asked if anything was bugging her and she denied it, so I stopped pressing the issue. On the side, I talked to one of her friends who knows her well, and when I said that she had broken up with me, they said that sounded really out of character for her and, without me offering up any information, they suggested that it was her arm implant twisting her emotions around. I told them I agreed and gave them the specifics of what had happened and what was going on in her life- the bank fucking her over on a loan, her living in her cramped place with her parents before school started up again, and me living in the house as well for a week and probably exasperating things- and they said that what I should probably do is just wait out my month at home, and then when I head back to her area again for work, try to start it up again.

Do you guys think, given the circumstances, that I have a chance to save this relationship? Do you think based on her recent actions, she may be starting to rethink breaking up with me?
>>
>>17327907
Hormonal birth control changes woman. She will probably find someone she likes that the implant also likes. Great job on letting this one slip through your hands just to cum in her.
>>
>>17327911
Really helpful. She got the implant out of her own decision, I made no sort of suggestion or request.
>>
I don't know, it seems like you're holding out for a chance at this relationship that may not come up. My worry is that you'll hold out of her, putting your life on hold, while she gets on with hers.

You're technically not in a relationship right now, so go out and meet people. No need to seriously pursue a relationship, but keep your life moving along. Maybe you'll get back with her, maybe you won't but don't make it the focus of your life. Who knows, you may meet someone else and be happier, you might not. I've seen too many of my friends get strung along by girls, hoping that they'll get back together while the girl moves on with her life.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.