[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to get prescribed this shit? I have a really bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 455x455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 455x455
Is it possible to get prescribed this shit? I have a really bad sore throat every night for almost my entire life (especially in the winter) I've constantly woken up probably 2 or 3 times a night and I would just pound water until the glass is empty and go back to sleep.

When I was younger I used to sleep with sore throat spray next to my bed and it didn't work fully but usually just enough for me to pass out again.
>>
>>17326750
Yes, if your doctor isn't a total douchebag, just straight up ask him for it. My doctor prescribes it every single time I ask, and that is any time I have a sore throat/cough.

All of that depends on your relationship with your doctor and if you have a history of "seeking" with him.
>>
>>17326750

yes, its pretty easy, however you arent going to get a lifetime supply of this shit. the bottles dont last long either, so its not ideal to use this. have you considered finding out why your throat burns like mother fucker?

is the air dry where you live? that + breathing out your mouth could make your throat dry and burny. how do you fix this? get a humidifier.

do you NOT brush your teeth before bed? if you dont brush your teeth (thoroughly) before bed, the leftover food and such literally rots in your mouth. if you breathe through your mouth its made even worse cuz your mouth is dry and that can lead to that feeling like theres a dead rat rotting in the back of your mouth.

even if you brush your teeth, if you dont use mouthwash that can contribute. and even if you do that, just having bad gums can lead to that and you should get checked for periodontitis and start flossing on the daily.
>>
>>17326757
He already prescribed me a controlled substance for my add but no I've never really asked for any other drugs except some eye drops and stomach pills and shit like that. Won't it look fishy as fuck though if I ask for it specifically and come in with a problem I never really complained about before. I tell him I'm always drowsy I forgot to mention I wake up 3 times a night with a sore throat.
>>
>>17326771
Fuck I didn't see this and didn't want to double post but yes I've tried everything. In the winter I always have a heater next to my bed with a humidifier blowing steam right next to me. I always try to brush before bed and I don't think it's food particles.

I don't need a lifetime supply of it but if I can get it every month and have my insurance cover it then it's definitely better than having nothing at all
>>
>>17326782

>i dont need a lifetime supply
>i just need it every month indefinitely

see the issue here? talk to your doctor to find out the root cause of the problem
>>
No because it's a popular recreational drug now.
>>
>>17326830
I really just want a painkiller and anti histamine combo because I've always had it and I think just having something to help would be better than having nothing at all I'm just afraid to ask for something so specific
>>
>>17326773
He will treat you much better if you are honest. Just ask him and say "I've had xyz in the past for my throat problems, can we arrange to have this prescribed as needed?"

Also, this will not be prescribed to treat anything on-going, but maybe a few weeks tops.

Additionally, I hope you're not just getting advice to support a habit, because it really does a disservice to people who don't abuse prescriptions but have to jump through hoops to get anything worth wasting their time for.
>>
>>17326873
This...

Following up: just call their office and ask right now. Don't beat around the bush. Call and ask the receptionist if you can come in to see the doctor for help with sore throat/coughing. The more open you are about it, the better off you are as it shows you have nothing to hide.

Only addicts who get shot down on the daily go in feeling all guilty because they have problems. Normal people just ask for the shit.
>>
>>17326873
>>17326898
Won't I look like an addict if I ask specifically for that? I was thinking he will assume that I bought some with my friends and got high off it and decided to ask my doctor. Or should I make up a white lie and say my grandma gave me a spoonful of it one time (she actually had lung cancer but never prescribed it) because I was sick and she didn't have any regular cough syrup and it cleared me right up.

I was thinking of just saying I kept looking into my problems and found this online and it looked good for me. I'm also skeptical of normal opiates in pill form because they make me incredibly nauseated but I don't want to say that and make it sound like I've used painkillers before without a doctors prescription.

The only thing I'm worried about is my current prescription for add I'm afraid I'll look like a drug seeker based on already having that but I've been getting it prescribed for 10 years or so at least
>>
A friend of mine got a scratchy throat in winter and it went away when she stopped eating sugar, might be something to look into.
>>
>>17326936
See, this is exactly why I think you're seeking for an addiction. The mere fact you think he'll immediately assume you are seeking leaves me with no other opinion.

I dare you to say you found it online, that's almost like telling him you know more about his job through google than his XX number of years of education and practice.

The only thing that will make you look like a "drug seeker" is acting like a damn drug seeker. Just go in, say "MY FUCKING THROAT HURTS *COUGH COUGH*" and ask for it.

The worst that will happen is him telling you to fuck off.
>>
>>17326961
No I just assumed that asking for something specific would at least arouse suspicion I figured most people go into a doctors office just complain about the problem and take whatever the doctor gives them I had no idea you could go in and ask for something
>>
>>17326966
Just have a text conversation with yourself pretending to be your Mom, with her texting the the entire name of something, and say "My mom told me to ask about this, but I can't pronounce it." and show him your phone.

Get creative.

"Mom, my throat hurts, what should I do?"
"Go to the doctor, son. We gave you promethatynzoiaopne-codeine in the past and it helped."
"Ok. Thanks mom, I love you!!1!"
>>
>>17326873
I never got prescribed it before though
>>
>>17327000
That's not the point and he has no way of knowing if that is true. Either way, he won't even try looking.

Stop being a pussy and do it. Or don't.
>>
>>17327026
Really? Don't they search through my medical records and shit? I tried calling the doctor and they said they're short staffed and they redirected me to a doctors office in a neighboring town and I'm going to call them and try going there but I think they're going to send out all my information on prescriptions and shit
>>
I scheduled a dr appointment can anyone help me out? I'm afraid they'll prescribe me antiobiotics or something bad. Can I tell them I don't want the prescription they offered I just wanted to ask about the one thing?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.