[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Airborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
Airborne training coming up.What do I do? How do I overcome a fear of heights?
>>
>>17324205
By jumping often.
>>
File: C-130 CDS (6).jpg (651 KB, 2569x1769) Image search: [Google]
C-130 CDS (6).jpg
651 KB, 2569x1769
You may find that your fear of heights isn't so bad from an aircraft. That might sound weird, but that's how it was for me.

Now, admittedly, I've never jumped, but I was a Loadmaster on C-130's and spent alot of time standing in open troop doors and on the ramp after an Air Drop. Have a serious fear of heights when I'm up on something high. Tall buildings, balconies several stories up, walking across the Golden Gate Bridge... scare the fuck out of me...

But looking out the troop door on the 130 at 1,500' AGL didn't bother me a bit.

Where has your fear of heights manifested? I have problems with "Grounded Heights". You may be the same.
>>
To quote a buddy of mine, "The second jump the scariest."
Just drown yourself in technique and training and go for it! You won't feel it til it's happening...
>>
>>17324205
Get your shit together and suck it the fuck up during tower week. Most drops during jump school are at this point because if you don't jump off the tower you're sent packing.

Tower week is also where you learn to land without fucking your legs up. One person in your class will do this anyway because they are retarded. They will be dropped.

But jumping out of a plane is easy. Your altitude is so high the ground doesn't even look real.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.