[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the best guitar to get for a beginner who has never touched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_o7jsy573DR1rtx76po1_540.jpg (140 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7jsy573DR1rtx76po1_540.jpg
140 KB, 540x540
what is the best guitar to get for a beginner who has never touched one before? nothing too expensive please (maybe something around the £100 mark if possible)
>>
>>17323087
Acoustic or electric? Aside from getting deals secondhand, which is easy enough to do with some hunting, there are lots of decent low-end/entry-level instruments out there. Ibanez, Yamaha, Squier, Epiphone (these two are the budget labels for Fender and Gibson, respectively), Hagstrom, and a bunch of heavy-metal-looking brands (Jackson, BC Rich) make OK electric instruments to get started on. You can sometimes get combos with a small amp for cheap. Yamaha also makes cheap but OK acoustics, as does Oscar Schmidt/Ovation. Among others.

Few of these are going to be great, play for the rest of your life guitars, but they all work and they're all real brands. Manufacturing quality varies a lot, so ideally you should be able to play it before you buy it--you can feel if it's garbage.
>>
File: Warrior_WRXMG_md.jpg (25 KB, 580x225) Image search: [Google]
Warrior_WRXMG_md.jpg
25 KB, 580x225
>>17323087
Mostly it doesn't really matter. Try one out that you like the looks of and that feels OK. If you end up picking guitar as a steady hobby, you'll end up having many guitars anyway.
> Has 7

I think the only factor to take into account is metal strings vs nylon. In most cases you want to go for metal, unless you're planning on only sticking to classical guitar. If you're used to playing on metal strings, nylon isn't a problem. The other way around can, however, be troublesome.

My first guitar was an acoustic one. Montana is the brand. No idea what model it is, but it's fairly high quality, and I still use it as my primary acoustic guitar.

My first electric was an Ibanez RX40RD. Nothing fancy, three single coil pickups, but it had a nice sound. Unfortunately it's not playable anymore as 10 years of heavy use eventually wore out some of the electrics in it. I still have it, tho, and plan to fix it.

My main guitar today is pic related - Jackson WRXMG
>>
>>17323106
i'm looking for an electric guitar, sorry for not specifying that in the OP. Thanks for the recommendations, do you know if the fender starcaster strat or yamaha pacifica are any good? those are the one's i'm looking at right now that seem good enough for my price range.

also how much does an amp affect the sound? should I be looking for a good amp as well as a good guitar? i don't think i'll be able to play one before buying it :/ i don't know of any stores near me but I could probably order it and then return it if its shit. thanks btw
>>
>>17323117
Me again... I remembered incorrectly: My first electric had one fancy thing: Two singlecoils, and one humbucker.
>>
>>17323087
Go into a guitar store and try out a bunch of them
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.