[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question to woman: approach enfuriates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: pJo2q9U.gif (126 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
pJo2q9U.gif
126 KB, 500x402
My girlfriend gets completely livid whenever a man approaches her in a bar or compliments her on the street. She flat out tells them to fuck off.

I really don't understand this. If a girl would approach me a bar, even an ugly one, I wouldn't care. If any girl would tell me I'm hot on the street I'd be flattered.

To make it even weirder, I got to meet my gf by approaching her at a bar and she loved it.

Can anyone rationalize this?

pic unrelated
>>
>>17322245
OP she's taken so she doesn't want any guy to think they have a shot. She knows what their intent is and that if she participates she is being untrue to you
>>
>>17322245
it's not weird. I learned it is best to shut a guy down immediately. I've seen every suave and bumbling approach dozens of times and sick of it. Just because I have tits and a nice ass doesn't mean you are granted a shot
>>
>>17322245

>If a girl would approach me a bar

This is the problem. It doesn't happen to you, so you can't relate. A reasonably attractive girl gets approached/complemented/even harrassed by guys regularly. If it happened once or twice, it would be flattering, sure, but to attractive women it's a daily thing that only gets irritating and eventually they just want to be left in peace. Probably even more so with your gf, since she's taken. Compare it to telemarketing: it would be alright to get sometimes a call trying to sell you shit you don't need, you could just say politely no thanks, but if the salespeople rung you every fucking day, eventually you'd run out of patience.
>>
>>17322245
I can't even go to a bar with my friends after work for one drink without some guy I do not know sending a drink over. Some bold enough to follow the waitress and expect me to allow them to make a pitch to fuck me. I always decline the drink and have now complained to the bar manager I frequent to stop allowing men to do this.
>>
>>17322296
>Keeps going to bars
>Annoyed that men hit on you
I guarantee that you're too old to even be in a bar.
>>
>>17322245
Maybe she's just tired of it. Maybe she's insecure and thinks they're perving on her. Maybe she grew up in a place where being subtle about saying no is seen as being coy. Can't really say.
>>
>oh noes people are trying to interact with me of their own accord!
Dear certain other members of my gender,
The uppity shitfest is getting real old. Who the fuck taught you simpletons that the appropriate response to flattery is annoyed indignation anyway? Basic manners aren't difficult and it takes a special kind of rude ass thundercunt to think their usage is an inconvenience. Stop being retards pls. It's gay as fucking fuck.
>>
>>17322453
people bugging you on the streets and at bars is annoying as fuck.

you would opine the same if a hoard of fatties bugged you
>>
>>17322258
>doesn't mean you are granted a shot

Shutup you bitch, we're expected to make the attempt, unlike you, and so we do.

You can tell us to fuck off, but don't get all uppity for guys doing something you're mortally afraid of doing yourself.
>>
>>17322245
Being interrupted is always going to get annoying after a while, no matter what the reason.
>>
>>17322466
Yesterday a man who was at least ten years my senior and only kinda sorta knew English honked to get my attention when I pulled up next to him at a red light, and then proceeded to say he wanted to know what the song was playing on the radio in his car was. We made small talk until the light changed. We both knew he was looking to get some. We both knew it wasn't gonna happen. There was no need nor benefit to either party for me to be a dick about having been approached. Lrn2 interaction.

It's annoying only because you choose to let yourself be annoyed by it. Hordes of fatties DO "bug" me regularly. Not sure what you get out of being an angry bitch to them but I can very nearly guarantee you that the toll is greater on them than it is on you.
>>
>>17322480
>Shutup you bitch, we're expected to make the attempt, unlike you, and so we do.

I don't want to be an asshole or anything, and I am a robot virgin neckbeard, straight up so, save the shaming.

But this guy has a point.
For every girl out there that actually bothers to make a move, and risks rejection, there is a horde of seperate women who'll scream about being "equals" on day, and the moment it benifits them they'll cower behind the "NO, men should be the ones to take the risk, they should approach".

For fucks sake, I used to be called 'creepy' alot when I was younger, for showing any attention or affection.
As I got older, I learned women don't want that shit, started to mind my own business.
Thought it would stop.

Nope, these days I get called creepy because I don't approach.

Even when I'm harrassed by telemarketers, I normally start with "Sorry mate, I'm not interested". If I keep getting calls, then yeah, I get to be a dick to them.

But shit, a woman's attitude is to just straight up go for the throat? Hey, why bother being polite.
They're only risking public humiliation and shame for you're over-entitled ass.
And who cares if you're all so harsh that collectively, you start putting some men off from approaching for life?

After all, there are a million of dumb marks out there who'll quickly start pussy-begging again the moment you question their sexuality.
No, you'll never completely deter all men so what have you got to lose?

No, might as well be a sadistic bitch then.

Luckily, learned helplessness is a thing. I'm gonna be called a 'creep' no matter what I do, so why do anything? Shaming don't work, shit, I told you up top I'm a virgin neck-beard.
I can just straight up take the pain no matter what.
And this is happening to other men too.
Believe it or not, you are slowly deterring us all, and you'll never have the power over us that you once did.
>>
>>17322531

I don't act like a bitch and ger angry like OP's gf.

i just put on a uninterested face and answer in an obviously uninterested voice
>>
>>17322547
You cannot honestly tell me you don't think that's being an angry bitch. I refuse to believe you are that fucking stupid. The difference between what you and OP's girl do is she goes straight for outright hostility while you prefer to take the passive aggressive route.
>>
>>17322584
then what am I suppose to do then?

act interested and lead him on when I'm not looking for anything?
>>
>>17322480
there is a huge difference in a man I know, even remotely approaching me and some guy on the street or in a bar I have never seen before. I'll continue to choose a firm shut down, shout if I have to.
>>
>>17322584
not OP but I think you anon prove my point. You never know which of you random guys on the street or in a bar will start name calling and acting menacing.
>>
>>17322605
Seriously who's putting these ideas out there that only those two options exist? Ffs you just talk to them and treat them like any other human being. That's it. That's all you have to do. It's possible -- and easy! -- to communicate that you aren't interested without being rude about it and brushing the guy off. Don't want to say it directly? No problem. That's sorta in our nature anyway since we're better at picking up on unspoken signals and shit. It's as easy as not flirting back. You can't play dumb and try n act like you can't tell he's trying to flirt with you though, you've gotta step up at least enough to own it, otherwise you chance him wondering if you're just an autist or if you're playing hard to get, which effectively results either way in you leading him on inadvertently. Guys can pick up on signals when they're clear. They can't read our minds.

>>17322624
Well what *is* your point, dear? I've no clue which posts are even yours. All I know of you is that you apparently think name calling is menacing.
>>
>>17322697
First I am not your dear and your condescending attitude speaks volumes.
I posted I shut any guy down I do not know on the street or in a bar firmly, scowl and shout if necessary and always send drinks back to them when they buy them unsolicited. I went as far as complaining to the bar manager my coworkers frequent after work to stop the policy of allowing men to do this. It is not safe! You assume your ability to pick up on signals (me wanting you) is better than my ability to spot a problem as it approaches. I admit I may not be right 100% of the time but experience has taught me to err on the side of caution.
>>
>>17322727
>Alright FIRST of all! I <blah blah blah blah.........>
Lmao. You just know it's gon be gud when you get a first of all person. Sweetheart, you are fucking delusional. And a self centered absolute fucking cunt to boot. How's that for volume? The dear actually wasn't meant condescendingly at all. Can bet your ass the sweetheart was though.

And now here you've gone and proven MY point. Lol ain't that some shit? Expecting me to read your mind and know which posts were yours. I'd thank you for returning the favor but I've not proven your point seeing as it seems to rely on me being a dude. You'd have known that if you'd actually read what you're responding to, which would've been easy as fuck and required no telepathy, and which I'm deliberately now rubbing in because fuck you. Also because I find that funny as balls.

Now please, pleeeeaaaase if you would be so kind - explain to me how in the flying fucktastic world a dude buying a girl a drink at a bar "isn't safe!" Please. You're a right dick for putting your bartender in that position btw. You tip your bartender. That is how you bartender. You don't selfish special snowflake your demands upon your bartender you nitwit.
>>
>treat men ni e even if you have no interest
Tease, leading them on, manipulative bitch, etc.
>be up front about lack of interest
Frosty bitch, cunt, entitled, etc.

So what you're saying is women should just exist and not do anything ever? You don't dictate someone's behaviour. If someone acts in a way you see bitchy move on and get over it. Stop pitching a fit over something you have no say in anyway.
>>
>>17322885
>So what you're saying is
There has never been a sentence starting with this that wasn't bullshit.
>>
>>17322902
You failed to adress the actual issue of contradictory opinions.

People are going to act how they want to act. You getting upset about it will change nothing, absolutely nothing. You can't tell other people how to behave. All you can do is conduct yourself how you hinkle you should and be the example you want to see... which you definitely aren't doing with this attitude of yours which is in itself more entitled than anything. People don't have to be nice or accept anything from anyone. You aren't entitled to any kind of behaviour from anyone beyond your right by law to live your life in the pursuit of happiness without me bashing your brains in with a hammer.
>>
>>17322948
>You failed to adress the actual issue of contradictory opinions.
I'm just saying your post looks like it's not worth reading so I didn't. Don't waste your life on snark.
>>
Any other approach, even a polite "taken, sorry" doesn't work on men. Unless you snap, the message they get is "keep trying, this is gonna work".
>>
>>17322825
I went to the manager not the bartender and they agreed with my point.

I've had guys send over a drink and I did nothing but walk in and order a drink and suddenly there were two. No eye contact, no wiggling my ass. Walk in, sit down, order, make small talk with friends and boom.

Had a steroid enhanced creep behind me at Starbucks kept pushing his dick in my ass and saying pardon me till I had to physically push the guy and the gentleman (there are a few) behind him told the guy to leave me alone.

One further. I walk in with my bf and sit at the bar and he excuses himself to go to the men's room and soon as his back is turned some too cool guy has asked the bartender to get me my pleasure. I guess all I needed was an introduction and never mind I was with someone.

You assume every woman you want must want you but the woman just doesn't know it yet. How could they not be interested in you and not be a bitch?

I'm sick of guys grabbing my ass or elbowing my tit or licking their lips or backing me into a corner or some suave guy that believes plying me with enough alcohol will get his dick sucked. They don't know me and I am under no obligation to know them. Bitch, you bet I am.
>>
>>17322245
sounds like my kind of grill, m8
>>
>>17322988
And what point was that?

Dude you act like it's a fucking grenade with the pin pulled. It's a friggin drink. That's the most unobtrusive possible way to get hit on short of the guy scribbling "I liek you, ur pretty" on a napkin with a crayon and asking the bartender to pass it to you under the counter. Why get your panties in such a twist over such an innocuous gesture? What do you gain from that?

Second time it happened you should've turned around and called the faggot out on it. Standing there wishing the creep would knock it off already and then fuming when he doesn't is dumb. There are well beyond just "a few" gentlemen. Stop expecting every last one of em to be dogs for a week and you can see for yourself. Seriously. Don't take my word on this. You think I'm full of shit? Go out and put an honest effort into proving me wrong.

Of all the things that have never happened, this one never happened the most. But fuck it let's pretend it did. Why would you get buttmad about it when you could have some fun with it instead? Ask for whatever your boyfriend drinks. Let bf know who to raise his glass to and thank once he returns, after which he'll order your drink from the bartender. Then you two carry on with your evening. A clown like that would not care even a tiny bit about your scowling face, disgusted disapproval, and the damper that'd put on your night. Him having bought your bf a drink OTOH woud get the "fuck you, faggot" message across.

You know what happens when you assume, right?? Kek anyway pls let the record show I assume most women enjoy anal and just don't know it yet, which is as fitting as it is tangential, and also - since you need this spelled out - I am a woman you fucking mong.

Determination to be a victim does not equate to being a stronk bitch.

You can choose how to react to shit. The more unpleasantly you respond, the more unpleasant your mind's association with x experience becomes.
>>
>>17322245
>Can anyone rationalize this?

>Women
>Rationalize
Why not ask me to solve the world's food shortages? At least that's doable.

I'll try though, just for you. Women are narcissistic, whether it's natural to them or how they're praised from birth for having a vagina I don't know, but they are. They are the center of their universe and everyone else revolves around them to please them.

You approached her when she was single and she took a liking to you. You were "permitted" to speak to her. Now that she already has someone serving her hand and foot, she no longer requires the attention of other men. These men are unneeded and unwanted, much like an insect is unneeded and unwanted in your kitchen. Such a pest must be removed from her presence as soon as possible.
>>
Kinda boggled that y'all are managing to bitch about loyal girls who freak out at guys who hit on them in front of their boyfriends.

Normally there's nothing this board hates more than unfaithful women. The idea of your girlfriend saying "Fuck off, I'm taken" isn't reassuring or gratifying to you guys at all? It's a little overzealous, yeah, but basically the right thing to say.
>>
>>17323542
Missing the point a bit there.
> I'm taken
as part of the default response is right if taken
>Fuck off
as part of the default response is unnecessary regardless of taken/single
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.