[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it legal to discuss a worker's performance in front of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 3175651_orig.jpg (200 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
3175651_orig.jpg
200 KB, 1000x800
Is it legal to discuss a worker's performance in front of other employees?

Our supervisor has been inspecting their employee's work, making rounds to see what everyone on the shift has done by the end of it. While this isn't too wild a thing to do, they've also been bringing the next shift of workers with them, to add comments to what the worker's have done and point out any spots that may have been missed. Is this behavior okay?
>>
>>17319085
I don't know the laws where you are but I'd be very surprised if it's illegal. It's not even unethical, unless they are being particularly harsh about it, or focusing their criticism on certain people while ignoring the faults of others.

I'm assuming this is about you; if you feel that you are being unfairly singled out for criticism then you can either discuss it with the manager (or their manager if you feel you can't confront them) or just put up with it (do this if it's a short-term position that's unlikely to be relevant to future jobs.
>>
b ump
>>
>>17319085
Its completely legal
Get an easier job if you cant perform to at least the company standard.
>>
>>17319219

I guess I'm just salty because they were A LOT harsher this time around, despite my job not being any worse than the average employees. They usually don't pay much attention or give a shit, don't do much to point anything out to the sup even if there's stuff out of order. Not to mention that my coworkers could easily have given me this feedback in private, they had more than ample amounts of time to do so. Instead they decided to air dirty laundry related to our entire shift and even other coworkers in front of our fucking supervisor, which happened to fall on me because I was in charge of x today.

I guess I feel...like I'm not really appreciated as an employee? They were so rude about it, so nitpicky. That acted like I didn't give a shit about the job I was doing which definitely wasn't the case. I'm so fucking deflated right now, I don't want to walk into that building again for a long fucking time. I go for over year without any real feedback on my work and when they finally decide to say something they decide to be real assholes about it.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.