[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ At what point do you completely cut off all contact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (249 KB, 455x342) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249 KB, 455x342
Hey /adv/
At what point do you completely cut off all contact with a friend without a word?
Had this happen to me a lot, and getting real sick of it. They always say it's not my fault to my other friends, too. But I'm always left with this feeling of guilt.
>>
What were you doing that bothered them? Were you two close?
>>
There was this guy that was sort of my friend in school. When we finished school he used to tell me that the college he went to was harder than mine, which I found annoying and rude. Also he kept telling me I should get a job and lose my virginity to a prostitute. Also once I was hanging out with his stupid friends and one of them wanted to share a very alcoholic drink with me. I was okay with it but the guy that was supposed to be my friend came over, took the glass and dumped the content in the toilet. Then came back and told me "I won't let you get drunk" and his dumb friends were all like "well said". After that I stopped texting him. He sent me some texts like "how are you, why don't you reply? I hope you are okay" but I didn't reply to him because fuck him.
>>
>>17316439
When I was around 20-21 all my high school friends stopped replying to me. I didn't understand why or what I did.

Most of it was for shitty reasons. One of my best friend's boyfriend didn't like me. He thought for some reason, that I was drunk or high all the time and was a bad influence. While I did do some underage drinking in high school, it stopped when I got older. Hurt that my best friend just listened to him and didn't even hear my side or how my life was going.

Another best friend just joined a sorority and I never heard from her again pretty much.

And just recently, my best friend who stuck it out with me all the way through this, we just moved further away from each other, work all the time, and just started to drift.

People like this, just shouldn't be considered good friends. Personally, I've been best friendless and nearly friendless for about 3 years. It's really hard to make friends with people mid-twenties. Going back and trying to talk to old friends is something I've failed to do. Personally, I'm still pretty hurt. Talking now would be weird. They've missed out on a huge chunk of my developing adulthood. I'm nothing like I was in high school, they've probably changed too.

What I'd suggest to you, which I didn't, is go out and try to make new friends.
>>
My friend used to cut me off for weeks, sometimes month, just to return like nothing had happened and occasionally drop a "I'm sorry." His reason for leaving was always that "things blew up", or "shit hit the fan" and never really gave me a reason why. Multiple times he said he was going to kill himself and I should just go and leave him alone. He admitted he had the desire to eat people. After about 4 rounds of this, I was fed up and cut all contact. Literally moved to the other side of the world and got a new phone number. My only regret is that I couldn't make him see a psychiatrist and get help, because boy was he fucked up.
>>
>>17316452
I don't recall ever bothering any of them, that is the problem
>>
>>17316460
>"I won't let you get drunk"
what the fuck?
>>
>>17316505
There are people who think of others as babies because they don't have as much experience. So they feel the need to protect them from the influence of alcohol/drugs...
Kind of a dick move anyway if you ask me
>>
>>17316505
I can't help but to feel that his friend had an alcoholic parent after hearing that..
>>
Once I got to college I cut off a lot of my friends from high school. I was in a different state, and I was under the belief that my friendships with them were thin and shallow anyway. I don't really regret it at all since I've made new friends since then.
>>
>>17316439
Personally, i think that shit's assholish and disrespectful.
Some people are assholes though. That's just how it goes.
>>
File: Big Picture.png (66 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
Big Picture.png
66 KB, 800x1280
I think we live in a world where friendships just aren't valued.

Social Media sites like Facebook and Twitter have conditioned us to unsubscribe from anything that isn't lucrative or entertaining, and that has bled over into real life.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.