[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to become motivated when I'm incapable of believing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
Money does not motivate me, nor does living, nor does getting a GF or getting a better PC, or getting a nice paying job, so, yeah, absolutely literally nothing that can possibly materially exist in known existence can motivate me, since motivation itself does not exist in any material form.

Note: I take things too seriously and too literally and it has been a part of my brain since I was cout out of my mothers womb, I'm also dyslexic with dysfasia so it could make things worse.

Self preservation is also not a motivation since its absolute.
>>
>>17316434
do I have to bump this?
>>
Just forget about the concept of motivation and the idea that you need to be motivated to get something done. You don't. Motivation is great when it happens, but most of the time you simply need to just do the thing. More often than not, the results from you pushing yourself through something create motivation for you to acquire more results and it loops in an infinite repeating cycle where your hard work creates motivation and your motivation creates hard work.

Now I understand your problem is you don't have anything to strive for or have any goals. Just a little something I've noticed. Being succesful in life opens up a ton of doors and avenues to pursue other goals. Perhaps you don't have any goals or ambitions at the current time. Fine. But you might have something you really want to do at a later time, but you won't have the means to accomplish it. Being succesful, knowing lots of people, having money and wealth, being fit, having relationship experience, a car, blah blah blah, it's all good shit to have.

Figure out what you're good at right now. Mold that skill into something you can make money from and become succesful. Keep pushing through that slugging period of not wanting to do anything or having no ambition or motivation to do anything. Just do it because having that sort of financial safety net and life experience will enable you to do things in the future should you want to.
>>
If living doesn't motivate you there isn't really much reason to try that hard. Die right now if you want.

For me I feel strongly about self preservation and I am happy to work hard if it means extending my life but most people just seem to prefer prioritize blowing wealth on useless shit instead of furthering science and technology and I know I'm going to die earlier than my potential because of these fuckers.
>>
What country do you live OP?
>>
>>17316497
>What country do you live OP?

It matters?

Finland.
>>
>>17316532

maybe you just need something new?

Have you ever traveled before? Somewhere with a different culture than you are used to? Going out and experiencing a totally new world might help you get away from whatever is bothering you and help you refocus.

And I'm speaks from personal experience. I did this, and it helped me.
>>
File: 2006-07-16.gif (195 KB, 670x709) Image search: [Google]
2006-07-16.gif
195 KB, 670x709
It's kind of a moot point, isn't it?

Motivation doesn't exist in a vaccuum, you have to have a goal or something you want to accomplish, and you don't.
>>
>>17317632
Your pic is reality though. There are tons of threats globally and there's a good chance of dying a horrible death due to aging.

Not enough people care about any of these far-in-the-future things because they're knuckle-dragging idiots who can not make sacrifices in the present for greater long term gains.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.