[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meeting people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1467169894494.jpg (508 KB, 900x1360) Image search: [Google]
1467169894494.jpg
508 KB, 900x1360
So, for almost three years I was in a relationship with an amazing girl. That ended a few months ago. Meeting here was a total accident, at that.

However, now I'm faced with the issue of- where to meet girls. I've been to bars and all the girls I've met there have been basic, trashy, boring, or just plebs in general and I can't vibe with them (inb4 le gentleman. I know how pretentious I sound, trust me).

My problem is not confidence or self-esteem. I'm a solid 7-8, I dress well, I have my tastes and interests.

So, on that note, where is a good place to meet interesting girls that are maybe more cultured and interested in some cooler things. I like art and some indie music, so I guess concerts and galleries are a thing.

But anyways, suggestions?

(pic semi-related)
>>
Dont mean to harsh your vibe bro since im in a similar position but id wager nowhere
You might be a 7-8/10 but there are guys who are solid 10s hunting the same girls as you are, why do you think you have a chance?

For guys its a numbers game and its based on luck, even the shittiest, trashiest most boring girl has tons of options when it comes to guys so if you set your standards that high youre narrowing yourself down
Expect a hard road ahead mate
>>
>>17313824
I'd honestly rather be alone than date someone far below my standards. I won't be happy with someone like that at all.
>>
>>17313833
Well, i dont know what to tell you friend
From my experience for guys its either settle for something below your standard or settle for nothing

Before this goes all r9k i just want to say that its very hard to get a girl because well demand for girls is insane since there are alot of single guys looking for girls.
If you narrow your search then it doesnt get easier, but rather harder. Logical right?

How you avoid this problem is a very hard one, most men would tell you its a numbers game and from experience i can tell you this is true.
If you do manage to meet a girl you like who meets your standards after a long time of searching its gonna hurt more when things fizzle out and you dont get that date you want with her

Id say stick with high volume and try to make the best of a bad situation or settle for not having a girl at all, unless youre very lucky these are your best options
>>
>>17313853
This is what I thought. You're right.

Thanks anyways. I just expected people to be dicks about it, so that's pleasant.
>>
>meet girls at shows
I love this idea but the problem is I mostly listen to metal, and I have little interest in dating a "metal chick". I like qt hipster girls too but I dont know much about the music and Im not a super big fan of it.
Should I try going to indie shows and play the "Im trying new things, im new to this show me some cool stuff?"
Or would I be better off finding a girl at a metal show that was not an insufferable metalhead?
>>
>>17313864
Im not trying to be a dick but i mean its just hard enough so dont narrow yourself

A good starting point is probably to do these cool things you want a girl to be interested in and look for girls there but keep in mind most girls wont be interested/single and if you do find a single girl who likes the things you want her to like she will most likely flake.

Finding a girl is like panning for gold, you have lots os useless dirt, rocks and such and if after a long time you will find the tiniest gold nugget and you will realize it was worth it
Good luck on your quest bro, i hope we both find what we are looking for
>>
Have you tried sites like Meetup?
>>
>>17313886
Thanks, man. I appreciate the encouragement.

>>17313867
I often go to indie show where there are a lot of hipster qts, and some seem single. I can't be sure, but last time I went I was "dating" a girl, but it fell flat. So, I'll try that out next time. Who knows, maybe I'll make a followup thread?
>>
>>17313895
No, are they any good?
>>
>>17313867
As for going to an indie show with the "trying new things" vibe- it's better to do that than just have a surface level of knowledge and pretend to know stuff.
You probably have the right idea with the whole "trying new things" angle. Who knows, you might like that music too. My suggestion, go with the intent of ACTUALLY trying something new and worry about the girls separately.
>>
>>17313938
>go with the intent of ACTUALLY trying something new and worry about the girls separately.
Im not Op but this is dumb advice
Girls dont just happen to like you, it takes alot of effort so you cant just ignore it and hope to get lucky
You might but its hardly reliable, i mean if you got rent to pay you dont exactly buy a lottery ticket and hope for a win right? no you get a job and work for the money
Same principle
>>
>>17313940
To clear this up, I meant go to the show in order to meet girls, but have the intent of something else. Music like that is not for everyone and neither are the people there. So, going there just to meet girls and disliking the music is a waste of time, because you also have to pay.

I wouldn't go to say a hardcore show just to pick up girls. Not because I think the girls are bad, but because I don't like HxC and I'd have to pay $15-$25 for admission and half the time it would just be music I don't like.
>>
>>17313959
Ah, i see what you mean
Good point, i agree
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.