[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lousy Online Dating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1351378524302.jpg (272 KB, 1276x763) Image search: [Google]
1351378524302.jpg
272 KB, 1276x763
This is more of a rant about my current situation, and I would love some womanly advice or thoughts about it. Late last year I began chatting with an awesome girl on the OKC. She and I had similar goals and ambitions and frankly her profile seemed too good to be true. So I did something that I am now learning is a cardinal sin... I reverse image searched her profile pic.

Now keep in mind, I have been trolled in the past. Never anything bad, I just exchanged some messages with several people who claimed to be people that they weren't. I don't mind getting trolled (It is online dating after all), but I hate trying to have a meaningful conversation with someone, and have it end up as a joke. In short, I hate getting cat-fished.

So I found her twitter account, and oh shit... I learned more about her than I was willing to know. I felt bad because I attained this knowledge through ill means. I know I was asking for trouble when I did the reverse search, but I was honestly thinking the search would prove this person was fake... like I mentioned, I have no faith in online dating... yet I find myself using it. Ugh

We still chat, however one day I see her profile was deleted. I did the dumb thing and lurked her twitter page and saw her posts about deleting her account because someone found her info and contacted her directly. Pretty much, he did what I did. Here is the crappy part, I can still contact her, but I would be no different from the creep who scared her.

I am at a loss right now. Usually I am not one to arrange dates online until after we chat for a couple of weeks. I really felt a connection with this girl, however the communication was cut short before I could properly ask her out. I hate the fact that I still lurk her twitter page... but I hate even more that her twitter page brings me some comfort. To see a like minded individual go through what I went through.

(To Be Continued)
>>
(Continued)

You see, I work in the creative field, and she was hoping to break into it. It was fun talking to her about what we aspire to do since she had ambition, and I am now becoming more and more cynical about the work I do.

I tried forgetting about her and tried dating others, but she seemed to have the perfect combination of similar goals, similar tastes, and similar upbringing. Whenever I have a bad day, I thing "I wonder what (name) is doing, and I check her twitter. Surely enough it puts a smile on my face.

I know there will never be a scenario where I can contact her without either scaring her, or come off as a stalker (which I guess I am). It's not a good feeling to have a great interaction going, and have someone else fuck it up so bad. I don't know, maybe I am just trying to get this off my chest, but it would be nice to hear the thoughts from strangers.
>>
What about being completely honest? Sure, you may look like a creep but there's the chance that she understands your motives and appreciates the honesty.

The worst outcome is that you are in the same situation in which you are now, isn't it?
>>
>>17312676
This is usually the correct response. You have a 100% chance of failure if you do nothing. Don't get your hopes up too much, if she wanted to keep talking to you she would have told you before deleting her account. But, you've got a 1% chance of success and a 99% chance of some random woman thinking you're a creep. Part of being a man is learning that the odds are so stacked against you, you need to take those chances.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.