[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it reasonable to cut off parents because they constantly try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1465166448277.jpg (17 KB, 466x349) Image search: [Google]
1465166448277.jpg
17 KB, 466x349
Is it reasonable to cut off parents because they constantly try to force their shitty values and culture on me???
Live with Bengali Muslim family, they have always been shitty they constantly dote over me and get pissy whenever I go out with freinds. They force me to "socialize" with their freinds children who are religious and very obedient and judgemental. They don't let me go out anymore and want me to hang out with these losers who probably hate me. I can't go to parties stay out past 7 if I can go out at all and they force me to read the Quran for 30 minutes a day and they got some imam they are freinds with to watch me.
I feel like the only way I can be in total control of my life is cutting them off and ignoring them whenever they give me advice
Am I being dramatic??
>>
I'm Bengali too, I know exactly where you're coming from. Leave them without a second thought, or at the very least allow some limited contact. You should respect them, but you shouldn't be forced to live any way you don't want to.
>>
Are you over 18? Just strike out on your own and live how you want to.
>>
>>17311188
Them trying to make me hang out with people who are so lame and boring it angers me and not letting me have fun freinds is really pissing me off
>>17311194
They pay for most of my stuff, food, school, and they give me a house, I want a flat it NYC since it's really close and has been a dream for me since forever but that would cost so much and the only other options are living in ghetto ass NJ neighborhoods (they're bad here) and living home. Idk what I'll do hopefully I'll make a ton of $$ after school and I'll be gone forever
>>
>>17311176
Paki
>>
How are you going to cut them out if you live with them, idiot?
>>
>>17311252
For when I inevitably move out
>>
>>17311176
Yeah, once you move out just tell them you don't want any more of their religious/moral input. When they start going off about it just hang up or walk away. They will either learn to talk to you like an adult about normal shit, or they will stop calling.
>>
>>17311287
Fuck that's good advice, definitely gonna keep that in mind, it's probably gonna take a few times and maybe a trip to the "Islamic" therapist they got for me but I'm dead set on getting out of this bullshit
>>
Both my grandma and my ex-girlfriend went through this shit. It sucks being brought up by excessively religious or conservative people, and it's a side-effect of being the first kid to either leave the rural area or be born in the country.

Assert your independence. They'll accept you again eventually. It's them that has to grow, not you.
>>
>>17311331
Every time I try to assert my independence they get pissy
They say that the only reason I'm doing this is to spite them or piss them off, even when I cook my meals they say I only do it because Im trying to spite them and embarrass them in front of their freinds who send their kids to Islamic schools and are just lame af
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.