[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/ help me please I feel like I'm going crazy I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 331107484.png (450 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
331107484.png
450 KB, 640x480
/adv/ help me please I feel like I'm going crazy

I think the movie the Conjuring 2 has traumatized me, maybe for good.
Combined with the fact that me and my cousin were watching scary videos the same day probably made it worst.

Lately I've been having severe panic attacks when I try to sleep.
I feel like something is on my back and then all of a sudden I feel like it's trying to "posess".
If it was a real possesion I probably would've been possessed right now, and I wouldn't be typing this.

I search up the symptoms and bam, turns out I have pretty high anxiety (took an online test and scored 88 out of 100), and I've been getting panic attacks and am in constant fear.
I know there's nothing there because if there was, weird shit would've been reported by my roomates (live with 4 people in a small apartment, think of the smallest apartment and divide it by 2).
I have not told anyone.

Also, before this I used to have the feeling that I was floating every time I tried to sleep, which has been going on for the past few months/years (can't really tell).

>will continue because I feel this is getting too long
>>
I have a history of being gullible.

When I was younger I remember hearing about some woman predicting my state was going to get hit by an earthquake.
I was scared shitless, I was hearing voices in my head, hands shaking, I think I had a mini panic attack that day.

I also have a history of being traumatized by paranormal videos and movies.
When I was younger me and my cousin were talking about ghosts a lot.
I used to watch ghost hunting tv shows and wouldn't be able to sleep.
I'd feel extremely uneasy (like now but twice as worse) and would cry to my mom.
It was a horrible experience.

Right now I just had another one of those panic attacks.
I suddenly felt dizzy, hands started shaking, I felt like I wasn't me, I felt lightheaded, I felt like I was floating, I felt scared.
I got up and got a glass of water and now I partially feel normal.
My heart is still racing and I feel chills right now (another symptom of anxiety according to calmclinic).

I just don't know what to do, I just feel like bursting in tears.

I need some advice, should I go see a doctor, a psychiatrist?
>>
Have you tried sleep aids like Melatonin?
Have you tried anti-anxiety techniques like box breathing?
>>
>>17309069
Meditate and do things that are not related to that. Sleep in a different room or position. Sleep in a different environment. Do different things to get different results.
>>
>>17309089
I haven't tried the box breathing, but I've tried deep breathing.

Earlier I felt the same way as I do right now and took a couple deep breaths and felt fine, but now it doesn't seem to be helping.

I feel like I'm about to die.
>>
>>17309069
So, here's my thing to deal with being paranoid of ghosts.
Flip them off.
>Think that there will be ghost behind me, since that's always how movie goes.
>Turn around and show the empty air my middle finger
>Brain couldn't process what just happened
>Couldn't stack the image of horror movie with the current environment/atmosphere anymore
>It's not scary anymore

It works for me.
Try it?
>>
>>17309103
I'll try it, thanks
>>
Whatever you do, Anon, do NOT take melatonin.

It will greatly increase your chances of experiencing sleep paralysis, and make your senses more akin to the other realm. In short, it's like opening yourself up unprotected and unfiltered to the spirit realm.

In your frightened and weakened state, I doubt you'd survive to tell the tale.
>>
>>17309135
So what do I take?
Does Marijuana help?
>>
>>17309144
Help what?
Increase your chances of never waking up?
Absolutely.

No mind altering substances of any sort.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.