[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My retail job sucks fucking dick and I get paid 11.45 an hour.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 189x266) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 189x266
My retail job sucks fucking dick and I get paid 11.45 an hour.

Should I work as an unarmed security guard in the suburbs I live in? How's the starting pay?

Looking for a job where I don't do shit so I can read books/ watch shows/ study for school
>>
>>17308594
Retail is a better career.

Stick to what you know.
>>
>>17308600
Retail is not a career and I doubt you have any experience with anything else.

Do it OP. Pays like 14-15 bucks an hour around my neck of the woods, and our minimum is 10.45. Know two guys who do it, they get bored but like it more than customer service. Realize you're getting paid to ask drunk people to stop whatever it is they're doing.
>>
>>17308600

It's not a career and plus I don't give a shit about keeping my area clean and up to standards when I close the store. I don't give a shit to clean up after people and be disrespected constantly by retards. I'm fucking tired of my managers giving me shit because I forgot to move up that one product from the shelf.

I'd rather work a job where I can to sit there and spend time how I'd like to spend it. I have a lot more important things to do.

>>17308607
That's what I thought. If there's any hint of crime (which by the way would be extremely unlikely since I live deep inside a high middle class suburb in a rich city) I just have to call the cops or some other security to handle that shit.

I just want to be there as a scarecrow basically.

Eat shit, drive around, repeat.

Now I want to ask people that have experience in this, however, if my perception is close to reality.
>>
Your perception isn't far off and yeah its probably a step up from where you are.

Could also try your hand at 911 dispatch. Typically pays better.
>>
>>17308594
I'm a Security site supervisor, don't do it man this shit blows. I get paid 30 cents more than my subordinates. I make enough to live comfortably but sitting on my ass watching parking lot traffic all day caused me to fall into a rut, affected my personal relationships outside of work, etc.
>>
>>17308594

I'm armed security myself. I was 8 years unemployeed ( lived at home mom/dad where like only child we take care of you. ) - Was great until I realized I was only hurting myself and them not trying to make me man up, so I did.

I joined the military ( Security Forces Air-Force ) Did it cause it was ez, so I thought. Liked it enough I debated staying in the military but decided to leave for civilian work.

Boring a lot sure... But I also carry a gun around which makes most people sperg out when OI'm nearby ( I loved that in military too. )

Get paid about the same as I did before minus now I don't have to worry about putting inn 14 hour days 6 days a week more often than not. Worth it, but mileage will vary.
>>
>>17308607
And ask homeless people not to loiter or beg in front of the building.
>>
>>17309719
Those supervisor feels.
I make an extra 2.30 but the employees are fucking wizards at getting out of work
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.