[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i stop letting people control me? For years iv'e
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1445096353671.png (211 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1445096353671.png
211 KB, 480x368
How do i stop letting people control me?

For years iv'e had teachers and bullies say stuff to me like that i'll never be what i want to be and that i'm stupid, i'll end up in jail, live in my parents basement ect.

I got out of high school a year ago but yet i still feel like crap and whenever i do something or think about doing something i always relive what has happened to me in the past. It's all in my head and i can't get anything done. How do i get over this stuff and move on?
>>
>>17308541
I really wanted to give you an advice, but then I'll be controlling you, therefore making the advice for your situation useless.[justified bump].
>>
>>17308541
I can't really say much about how to move on because I have the same problem, but after a year of cutting all connections to the people who harrassed me, I understand that this control issue is really more deeply rooted with caring about what other people are saying.
You're constantly worried about what they think about you, and in return, you just start becoming unconfident with everything you do because so many people are saying you're terrible at some stupid thing that they think is important. And because so many people keep saying those kinds of stuff, you begin to doubt your own self-worth and let their voices echo in your head over and over like a broken record.
Those people who kept picking on you wanted a response. Usually, when you get picked on for some dumb thing (example: "You're just some wimp I could beat up"), you're supposed to respond the opposite of what they say about you. So in the example, you'd just get /fit/ and beat the shit out of the idiot who said that, because fuck them. They don't know you. You took steps to make them realize what they said about you was wrong.
If you didn't do anything about what they said, then those people would keep running their mouth about dumb shit just because you let them.
Getting over those kinds of thoughts seem to be more about doing the opposite of what all those people have said about you. I can't really say if it works, but it does lend a small hand in bringing a peace of mind. If you need more help trying to stop those thoughts, see a therapist about it. I'm starting to forget I'm just recently-minted NEET instead of a person qualified to talk about this.
>>
>>17309006
Fucking wall of text. I didn't mean to type out this much.

tl;dr: Doing the opposite of what those people said might help, but if it doesn't, seek help.
>>
>>17308541
Prove yourself to be worthy.
Do whatever pleases you.
Have more adventures, be it big or small.
Travel to a foreign country alone? Sure.
Too hardcore for you? How about taking another new route home that you had never been?

People don't get confidence on nothing.
You need experiences first, then your brain will adjust itself and make you understand you are better than you thought.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.