[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>dropped out of community college 2 years ago to work >haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
>dropped out of community college 2 years ago to work
>haven't done any school related work since then
>have opportunity to go back to school
>sign up for classes where I left off
>math class is Calc 2
>semester starts end of August

Planning on hitting the books every day for at least an hour plus my breaks at work to refresh my knowledge before I start class. I still have my old algebra, trig, and calc books I can work from.

The question is: Is 2 months enough time to get enough studying in to be prepared for calculus 2 after not having done a single math problem in years? Or should I wait another semester to go back so I can be fully prepared to pick up where I left off?

I'm nervous about it and need advice.

Thanks
>>
Just do a bit each day and you'll be fine. Make a set time when you do it, like working out.

When you get to school check go see if there are tutoring programs as well. Good job going back to school anon, good luck with your studies.
>>
>>17308126
End of August? You have loads of time. Find out what the textbook is, get it, and get working at it. If you're lost, go back to your old calc book and work through that whole thing and try again.
Calc is actually easy, if you have a math brain. It makes sense. When in doubt, derive that shit. Limits as x approaches infinity? Easy, keep deriving until you find the roots not affected by the variable. Practise your graphing too.
I was a math major at uni, so I know what you mean. Don't get intimidated. It'll just take some extra work for you to remind yourself of what you already know. You'll be fine with some work, anon! Don't look at is as wasted time or work, it's all about solving puzzles and decrypting codes. It's actually fun if there's no pressure and you have the right attitude.
>>
Thank you guys, you calmed my nerves about this a bit.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.