[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips on helping friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: champagne.jpg (185 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
champagne.jpg
185 KB, 1200x1200
Hey, adv.

I need some help on a serious matter and, believe it or not, I decided I should ask here.

I have a friend whose mother just died a few days ago. He's in his early 20s, his father died years ago and his sister's in rehab. That's all the relatives he has. When his father died they were left with a huge debt that he is slowly paying (around 5k euros left, which for eastern Europe is a lot), but now that his mom died he's gonna add the funeral expenses etc on top of that. He's also paying for his sister's stay in rehab, working two jobs and in school etc.

I want to help him with his debt but I can't afford to pay it myself. My question is: do you know of any way I could start a kind of fundraising campaign or something of the sort, taking into consideration that he is a very proud guy and wouldn't accept this kind of "public display" help? He didn't ask me for this, I would just like to help him through this so ideally he wouldn't even know about it. I already thought of stuff like patreon etc, but I don't think it's fitting since those kinds of campaigns work on a kind of a loan principle, requiring you to give back something depending of the "level" of donation. I don't know of any site that uses other methods.

Thanks in advance for the possible ideas, trolling or pictures of cats.

>pic related: campaign
>>
Every asshole begs for help on Gofundme.
>>
>>17307062
Your'e a good friend.

The 2016 thing to do is create a kickstarter. I think its kickstarter.org or .com. Anyway, you make yourself a link and people can donate money. You can share the link easily on facebook or twitter and people from all over the world can donate. You can set yourself a goal (5k euro as you said) and kickstarter ends. Another website is gofundme.

Another alternative is gathering mutual friends and having a traditional fundraiser. Sell items. Auction stuff that is donated. GL OP
>>
>>17307085
Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately, the traditional fundraiser doesn't generally work in our country. I ran a fundraising campaign for a 20 year old in my university that had cancer, ended up having national media coverage, etc., campaign was really well thought through and had a team of 6-7 people working on it, only ended up amassing 10000 euros in three months, with more than half of it being donated by an anonymous wealthy guy. And the main difference is that now I don't have the resources I had back then to run such a campaign.

Thanks a lot for the ideas though, I'll look into kickstarter or gofundme.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.