[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 25 and worked labour all my life. I start working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (123 KB, 356x256) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 356x256
I'm 25 and worked labour all my life.

I start working front end at a tattoo shop tomorrow and I'm so fucking scared to use the cash register and fuck everything up.

-especially- doing cash out.

I warned them I was nervous to do this but because I was confident in all other prospects they said I'd do fine.

Im almost ready to tell them I don't want the job because of this, because I know I'm going to fuck everything up.

I don't feel like a low paying, part time job is worth this stress. What should I do? ):
>>
Dude, this is middle school math on a machine that typically does all of it for you. As long as you're diligent about entering prices and your register doesn't fuck up you don't even need to do the math, just be able to count.

What exactly are you worried about?
>>
>>17306191
I've never had it explained to me and it seems like a significant hassle to me. I know it's middle school math- everyone's told me it's incredibly easy

But this makes me even more nervous, because if I fuck up I'll feel like an idiot, especially because math is not a strong suit.

I know at the end of the day i calculate all the money in the float, then I take out as much money as I can and leave 200 dollars in..

But this seems like the most daunting thing ever. I don't even know if that's correct (it's just what I've asked my friends separately, trying not to look like a sperg).

I'm sorry this sounds so stupid and unreasonable- I'm just trying to be prepared for the worst.
>>
>tattoo shop
>deal with like 2 customers an hour
>not even an artist
>still can't do the simplest braindead monkey task

quit right now
>>
>>17306205
Well, the good news is, unless the place is staffed by brainless chimps, someone is going to walk you through the cashing out process at least a few times till you get the hang of it. And like I said, even for that the register will do the bulk of the work for you. And I guarantee there's going to be a specific way to set out the same $200 each time you get out of the register, so that's just going to become a matter of "count out the same fucking bills and coins each time I leave and dump the excess in a bag" rote. Easy peasy brosef, don't sweat.
>>
>>17306210
):

I guess you're right. They probably need someone they can count on and can assure them. I'm just not so great at math..

Thanks anon.
>>
Go 5mins before opening time. Tell your colleague(s) to go 5mins before opening time, walk up to you and do a mockup of a customer paying you.
>>
>>17306220
wow i was kidding

you can drop out of preschool and still use a cash register, it literally does all the math for you. unless you literally cannot count paper money, then you should quit
>>
>>17306217
This makes it sound much less alarming.

So after I count money I put the exact amount of coins/bills in that are required for the float?

Thank you.
>>
Just fucking do it you moron.

14 year old kids manage at mcdonalds just fine, and that's with tons of customers.

I was worried before I worked my first retail/cash job too. You'll worry about it for a day and then be bored of it, it's braindead.
>>
>>17306252
Generally calling someone a moron and to JUST DO IT, who is frightened to do something maybe slowly, or who doesn't quite understand what to expect is shit advice.

Why are you even here?
>>
>>17306275
OP here, he's right though. Maybe I'm not the smartest for worrying about it.

If I do it wrong, I AM a moron. That's just how life goes. If it doesn't work out that's fine.
>>
Did they not teach you what to do? Get that shit sorted out mate
>>
>>17306236
>So after I count money I put the exact amount of coins/bills in that are required for the float?
Yeah man, it's $200 it's going to be exactly the same denominations every time you stock the register before you leave. Easy.

The only even difficult part is just doing your job right and making sure you count correct change and all that all day, which is really more about paying attention to what the fuck you're doing then math.
>>
>>17306152
Ask the boss or experienced fellow worker to watch you as you do it the first couple of times, to be sure you get it right. Your confidence will grow rapidly.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.